Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I made the mistake of taking my computer apart to clean it and now cannot figure out how the wiring is to hook back up.  Could someone assist me in this with a diagram or pictures of some sort.  I have an HP pavillion desktop media center 8000m.  I have installed a custom video card and memory since purchasing but all the hook ups remained the same.  I just cannot figure out what plugs in where haha.  Someone please help

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please post the HP product number for your PC so that we can reference specifc connection points on the motherboard. 

This site on Power supply connectors should help "jog" your memory about the different power cable types.

Look at the ATX 24 pin connector coming from the power supply and then your motherboard.  Do the same for the ATX 4 pin power connector.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

the system number is GC674AA and the Serial is {Removed for privacy}

HP Recommended

You can view your system specs HERE and the motherboard specs HERE. Please refer to the motherboard specs photo and/or layout sections for the functions of the connectors on the motherboard. All of the connectors should have identications printed near them. Most of the cable ends are "keyed", so they should only plug into the proper connector.

24pin connector on power supply to 24pin power connector on m/b

4pin connector on power supply to 4pin power connector on m/b

hard drive and CD/DVD to SATA on m/b

CPU fan to CPU fan on m/b

case fan to PC fan on m/b

front panel (power switch, power LED, and HDD LED) to F_PANEL on m/b

card reader to FRONT_USB on m/b

front USB jacks to FRONT_USB on m/b

front audio to F_AUDIO on m/b

... and so on, until all cables are connected

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

almost positive i have the connections right...now i get a wierd sound when the computer turns on from the cpu fan...almost as if something is stuck in the fan...but there is nothing wrong with it...and then the computer beeps three times and nothing shows on the screen....it goes beeeeep beeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeep....i dont know if this helps...but i really am lost and dont know what to do...does someone have a diagram that shows...hook this wire to this port n so on...

HP Recommended

where can i find a wiring diagram for an hp pavillion 760n?

HP Recommended

Hey papamedic, 

Thanks for your question Smiley Happy 

Here is a link to your motherboard specifications. There are diagrams towards the bottom. 

Pavilion 760n Motherboard P4B266-LA (Danube)

I hope this helps! Is there a specific component you're interested in?

HP Recommended
Replace the extended memory cards you fried one
HP Recommended

would like to have the back side connections of HP PC CNJ97U#ABA. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.