Question

Honor Student
Tronico
Message 1 of 9 (269 Views)

Hi, i have a problem with the printer only print partial of the page.

usalay the first page is full the second is 3/4 printed the third just half and forth and fith is usaly only the header printed.

What could be the problem.  I have re-installed it several times, new cartridges and so on.

same result with both the desktop and the Ipad

//Andreas

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 9 (254 Views)

Re: 3055A

Tronico, welcome to the forum.

Here are the diagnostic tools for your printer.  They may help you solve your problem.

Please click "KUDOS" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 9 (234 Views)

Tried that, it just said all is okay.

What should i try next?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 4 of 9 (228 Views)

I have asked for help from one of our printer experts.  I am certain that he will help solve your problem.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 5 of 9 (218 Views)

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system? How is the printer connected? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen when the printing stops?

Will the printer make five copies without problem?

When you are printing does the printer stop, or does it still go through the motions of printing but the text fades away down the page?

The troubleshooting steps in this page may help.  It would be interesting if you could scan and post the test page printed in Solution Six.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Tronico
Message 6 of 9 (214 Views)

Hi thanks for you to take the time, i'm running the printer via Wifi network.

My computer runs Windows 7 64-bit, same with the two laptops. And there is also an Ipad running with the latest software.

For a while i thougt it ight be becuse of the Wifi-connection was bad, restarded and reconnect it same result. Tried to connect the printer via USB direct to the computer and turn the Wifi of same result.

The print is perfect where it has printed.

The printer prints about 1/3 of the page, then stop for about 1 second the it feed´s the paper out as if it´s fininshed.

All the computers have the latets driver from HP and there´s only genuine cartridges. 

They have been changed.

The printer worked perfect to about a month ago when i started to have these problems, the printer was bougt in April 2013.

Is it time to have it returned to the store?

Best regards Andreas

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 9 (197 Views)

[ Edited ]

It sounds like a communication problem between the printer and computer.  When a page stops printing and is ejected is there an error message on the computer?  

If you put a document on the glass and print five copies do the pages print properly or does printing stop mid-page?

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Honor Student
Tronico
Message 8 of 9 (177 Views)

If i just use the copy function on the printer,  put a pice of paper on the scanner glass and press copy i get the same result.

just half to 1/3 is being writen on.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 9 (165 Views)

It sounds like it is a hardware failure, I would suggest you Contact HP for warranty support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation