Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Depends sometimes it tells u when start up computer other times press f2 when you start up computer depends every motherboard is different
HP Recommended

Hello Isak_brokke,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you require assistance setting your BIOS to legacy mode. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As with this I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I wonder how to access bios while having this problem.... The first time I saw this post, the Legacy Mode fixed my problems from upgrading from one GPU to another. But, how can I get to the bios while having this error? I have nothing appear on my monitor, so have no way to getting to, or changing the bios. I originally did it with my old GPU, but if I didn't have that option, what would I do?

HP Recommended

Hello MellowK,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having issues and require assistance. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

***Additionallly: If you are experiencing beep codes on your computer please post the pattern so I can find the correct information.

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

When the video chip on my HP dc7700 SFF (Windows 7) died, I installed a GeForce 8400 graphic card in the computer. When I turned it on, I got 6 long beeps, so I turned it off and back on and the beeps stopped, allowing me to install the video driver. Then it worked great. However, 10% of the time, i still get the beeps when I turn on the machine. Going into the BIOS didn't help me, as there was no Legacy Mode available as an option, not even a Secure Boot to disable. What to do?

HP Recommended

Hello @Bobster86,

So you are still getting beeps occasionally on your HP Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor PC related to your graphics card. I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro.

I hope this helps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did that but the commercial forum never answers my questions. I got the 6 beeps again today. I pushed the "on" button and they went away.

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same issue of this proportion. I downgraded to win 7 from my win 8. Problem is that it was all working fine including my graphics card(internal and external) but it seems like after we had an outage, my computer experience an issue booting up that cause me to have to press esc and do a manual boot everytime i restarted. Thus to fix the problem i did a factory reset to defaults, instead of doing a system restore which is know to cause worse issues; in the process this cause everything to go black on startup and neither the internal or external vga seem to be working, as well thus I am therefore assuming that it is impossible to fix considering I can't even see my monitor with neither of my graphics card.

HP Recommended

are you in windows ten or 8 im haveing the problem in ten

HP Recommended

my hp pavilion p6 3210 is beeping when i boot after puting a video card in and im on win ten an help please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.