Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
h9-1130
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been all over the forums looking for a solution to this issue.  I have a h9-1130 computer.  I already upgraded the power supply to a 750W unit and that worked fine.  I then tried to upgrade my graphics card.  I was getting the 6 beeps indicative of a graphics card issue with all the cards I got except for one that I got which was an NVIDIA card.  It has worked for a while, but now is overheating while gaming.  I went to put the original graphics card that I got with the computer back in, and I'm getting the 6 beeps and orange light again.

I have searched for the option to change it to legacy mode and the option is not there.  I have tried to update the firmware of the motherboard and the option is still not there.  I have tried removing the battery on the motherboard (I believe that is flashing the CMOS) and still getting the beeps with no display.  As soon as I put the NVIDIA card back in I don't get beeps and the display works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Refer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Also

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Karthik, but my coputer is a desktop, not a notebook or an all in one machine.  Those links are not relevant.  I just remembered that the motherboard is called Angelica.  I may be wrong though.

HP Recommended

This should help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you again Karthik.  I did read that document previously, which is why I was able to identify that the computer is having issues with the graphics card.  I am getting "Power button LED blinks 6 times with 6 beeps".  I have tried reseating the original graphics card several times to no avail.  The NVIDIA graphics card that is dying will work in the computer though.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

1. Please try any other slots to see if the slot on board is faulty.

2. Try a known good Graphics card in this unit and check if the issue occurs.

3. Reseat the CMOS battery and boot the unit once.

NOTE: I assume it is fault with the SLOT on board.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
VSL85
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended

Thank you VSL85.  I am running the computer right now with the same slot, just a different graphics card with no beeps.  I only have 1 slot.  I have tried removing the CMOS battery in the past and it didn't change anything.

HP Recommended

You should try clearing  the CMOS. 

That will load the default values and should let you use the original video card. 

I will have to ask HP why there is no section there with images for clearing CMOS and get back to you.

It may take a day, so please be patient. 

I found it on the Australia support portal server

See the jumpers and settings section of the following HP web document.

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03353629

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.