Question

Student
contoso
Message 1 of 2 (397 Views)

8300 Elite CMT - integrated (UMA) graphics memory allocation - option greyed out

Hi HP Team,

we want to extend the integrated graphic card's video memory.

Therefore we tried to use the "Integrated Graphics" Option in the "Advanced" Section from

the System Bios (F10).

Problem ist, that the option "Integrated Graphics" is greyed out.
On our machines, (PN QV993AV) there is no other graphic card installed. The machines are having 4GB Memory and

Windows 7 Pro on it. The Model of Intel's integrated Graphic is "HD Graphics 2500".

When we open the Graphic Card Driver in Windows 7, then went to the Intel Graphic Card Software - Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, at Info-Center there is Displayed:

-Minimum Graphics Memory 64MB

-Maximum Graphics Memory 1696MB

-Memory in Use 242MB

So the graphic card will support a higher configuration. But why this option is greyed out?

In the Users Manual, available at http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03612798/c03612798.pdf

the following is listed:

Integrated Graphics (Auto/Disable/Force) Use this option to manage integrated (UMA)
graphics memory allocation. The value you choose is allocated permanently to graphics and
is unavailable to the operating system. For example, if you set this value to 512M on a
system with 2 GB of RAM, the system always allocates 512 MB for graphics and the other
1.5 GB for use by the BIOS and operating system. Default is Auto which sets memory
allocation to 512 MB.

If you select Force, the UMA Frame Buffer Size option displays, which lets you set the UMA
memory size allocation between 32 MB and 1 GB.

Fact is, that the option "auto/disable/force" is not available for me. So i cant select UMA Frame Buffer Size to fix the memory at 1GB (what we want to do). 

System Bios is up2date.

Can you help or explain us why this function isn't working?

Retired
eric-g
Message 2 of 2 (358 Views)

Re: 8300 Elite CMT - integrated (UMA) graphics memory allocation - option greyed out

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for review. You should hear back from someone shortly on the HP Support Forum.

Regards,
eric-g

@Chrystna79

I no longer work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation