08-06-2011 11:14 PM
Ok, so heres the deal. I Bought a brand new processor (3.3ghz Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition) and a new power supply (500 watts). I went home and installed my new PSU and CPU, but when I turned it on, I get this message (or something along the lines of) ERROR: Installed processor not compatible. System will shut down in 5 seconds. Yup. :smileysad: My computer is a HP p6633w, and here are the specs.
Foxconn 2ab1 motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb gddr5
5gb ddr3 1333 ram
640 gb hard drive
500 watt power supply
AMI bios 6.04
So, I need help to make it work. I think I have a processor with too high of a watt usage or something or my bios is outdated for the new processors. Please help.....
If you have any questions please ask. I really want this to work
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-06-2011 11:53 PM - edited 08-06-2011 11:54 PM
It wont work, the reason is your motherboard support CPU up to 95w Max TDP, the 1100T is 125w, there is no chance to solve this problem unless replacing to compatible 95w CPU
check the following link to see the specs
- Max TDP: 95W
- Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:NOTE: Only Socket AM3 processors are supported with this motherboard.
- AMD Phenom II X6 10xxT Six-Core (Thuban core)
- AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb core)
- AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka core)
- AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto core)
- AMD Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)
- AMD Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)
- AMD Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)
- AMD Sempron Single Core 1xx (Sargas core)