Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01077641

I am embarking on a build my own project and will be using this on the new machine - problem is I can't find where to connect the power/reset/LED leads from the front panel. I know there is a 9-pin header on the right hand side towards the bottom - but it doesn't specify which is +/-, power, etc.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Jamie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jamwee, See if the below image is what you require.

HP-IPIPL-LA-Motherboard-Pins4.JPG

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jamwee, See if the below image is what you require.

HP-IPIPL-LA-Motherboard-Pins4.JPG

HP Recommended

Hanspuppa, you very well may be a legend. It's on a slightly different location on my motherboard but it looks like exactly what I need!

Out of curiosity, where did you find it? I've done a lot of hunting on Google with no joy at all.

Thank you very much! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Jamwee, To tell you the truth, I really don't know (remember) where I located this.

I do a lot of research on almost everything human, and I just don't even try to keep up with things.

If I have a need to remember something, like a web link, I always save it in a Word document.

I did compare it to the image you supplied of your motherboard, and there is a slight difference.

I don't think that the front panel connector pins would be different though. I have changed many motherboards from one OEM with retail versions and had to tract the front panel leads. It can take a little time but I have always managed to get it done.

Just a little tip, not that you need one, but it really is not difficult to connect these leads. The power and the reset leads are just a switch which can be connected in either orientation. The leds are a little different. They are polarized. If you connect them in the wrong polarity, they will not light up. If they don't, just reverse them and they should now light up normally.

Hope this works out for you and Good Luck on your project.

HP Recommended

Ideal - thanks for your help 🙂

Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hanspuppa - the image you posted is now showing as a red cross 😞

Not sure why, could you by chance post another copy?

Thanks! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you soo much! God Bless 

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting that diagram. Very helpful!.

I am still unsure what wires are needed to be spliced . I am looking to power up, power down and Hard shut down all of which connected to a momentary swtich.

Thanks
Jason

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.