Question

Honor Student
Kauffy
Message 1 of 6 (1,404 Views)

Any way to recover data from failed Intel 320 SSD drive?

[ Edited ]

I have a brand new HP Envy 17 with an Intel 320 SSD drive (180 GB) configured as the primary/OS disk.

After an unexpected power-loss (overheat), the SSD stopped working, showing the classic Intel-has-issued-a-firmware-update-to-fix-this-but-it-didn't-really-fix-this "Bad Context/8MB disk issue" so now I have a very, very, very expensive 8MB drive (with no data on it).

HP, naturally, will be replacing the drive (hopefully NOT the same model)-- so that at least sorts out the hardware.

Unfortunately, since this machine was so new and I was still (mostly) in the process of building it out, I hadn't backed up the primary disk yet.

Has anyone, at this point, gotten a reliable way of recovering or reading data off a failed SSD? This is not a case of going to heroic measures-- it would just save me a tremendous number of hours already invested in installation and optimization of my setup-- and recover some data I do not have elsewhere.

In case anyone asks, the firmware on the drive is the most-current.

Teacher
Hlow_Guy
Message 2 of 6 (1,394 Views)

Re: Any way to recover data from failed Intel 320 SSD drive?

U R out of luck......Sorry.

Back up, back up, back up, to an external HDD/SSD, and even back that up as well...........

Honor Student
Atton-Mathews
Message 3 of 6 (1,386 Views)

Well you could connect it to a different pc but if that doesn’t work than you might need to see someone who is pro with SSD's.

You may also want to visit the Intel website you may be able to get help there if you are lucky.

Honor Student
Kauffy
Message 4 of 6 (1,382 Views)

Yeah, I did connect it to another machine and did all of the logical stuff that has traditionally worked with HDs-- not with an SSD, though. POOF! Everything gone!

And, yes, I am generally religious about disaster recovery and backups-- but the drive was so new and the system still in the process of being set up and tuned, I didn't get to setting up full backups yet.

My vital and critical data is almost all cloud-sync'd, but the time investment in getting the system set up and working was appreciable this time.

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 6 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Kauffy,

The latest firmware that I have on my Intel 320 160 GB is 4PC10365 which is beyond the level mentioned in your first post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Student
melvinmusick455
Message 6 of 6 (315 Views)

Due to any reasons, SSD  Drive Get Corrupt if your data deleted from the external hard disk then it moves to trash or recycle bin. if you emptied your trash without checking of important files then you may lose permanently your important files. Then you have to use the particular third party tool to get back. you have to use recovery data tools advance external hard drive recovery software that will help you to get back the lost files from the hard disk. Get complete details by:- http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation