Asus A8N-LA audio drivers (10523 Views)
Top Student
Kenny_McCormick
Message 1 of 2 (10,523 Views)

Asus A8N-LA audio drivers

[ Edited ]

*****Windows to the rescue! I told Vista to look online, and by god it found something useful!*****

I recently built my cousin a custom computer. The motherboard I used came out of a Presario SR1930Z, an Asus A8N-LA. I installed Vista Ultimate 64bit on it.

I need some audio drivers that actually work.

Realtek's drivers didn't work. HP's drivers didn't work. The onboard audio still doesn't work. What good is a gaming computer without sound?

Anyone know where I can get working 64-bit Vista audio drivers for this thing? This is what HP's site recommends. I installed that, rebooted, nothing.

And no, I'm not going to downgrade to XP. Don't even think of posting that. Dualcore CPU and 2gb of ram get along with Vista nicely, TYVM...

Message Edited by Kenny_McCormick on 02-18-2009 11:40 AM
I'm just a random guy that likes tweaking computers.......and overclocking them. :smileyvery-happy:
Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 2 (10,512 Views)

Re: Asus A8N-LA audio drivers

The board and the PC was originally designed for XP - thus, HP doesn't have what your looking for.

Since you changed the operating system to Vista you need to first download and install the chipset drivers for your boards chipset ... in your case the nForce 430/Geforce 6150LE

For Vista 64 this would be here...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista64_15.24.html

AFTER you have all that installed, then I would grab the HD audio codec from Realtek and install it if audio is still not

http://www.realtek.com.tw/

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation