Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've just installed the same card and i have the same driver 'issue'

Rather than fight through Highpoint, could you post a link to the disk/driver they sent you?

Cheers,

Darren

HP Recommended

Darren, unfortunately High Point didn't give me a link, they actually sent me a zipped file with the driver.

I understand your desire to skip all the back and forth with them....very difficult.

Perhaps you could shorten the process by just asking directly for the driver, which was RocketRAID640_PLE8609_Driver

Alternately, if there is a way for me to post the file somewhere on the HP site or send it to you directly I would be happy to do so.

HP Recommended

Hi ChezAmber,

Any chance you could email me the file? Not sure what size it is, but can't see it being that big.

New to the forum, so not fully up to speed with it, but is it possible to send you my details via a PM?

Cheers,

Darren

HP Recommended

Darren, happy to send it directly. I don't know how/whether this forum supports Private messages....if you can find out how and whether, post the details here and I'll send you the zipped file.

HP Recommended

Hi ChezAmber,

Thanks for another very quick reply.

Found this link:

http://www.sheldmandu.com/computer-hardware/rocketraid-640-base-system-device-driver-problem-due-to-...

Looks like the file you're talking about - don't suppose you could confirm it is the same one? That would save trying to find the private message settings in this forum....

Cheers,

Darren

HP Recommended

Hi ChezAmber,

Thanks for all your help and for the zip file containing the driver.

For anyone else looking for this solution, the driver located at:

http://www.sheldmandu.com/computer-hardware/rocketraid-640-base-system-device-driver-problem-due-to-...

is the same as the one sent to me by ChezAmber and works fine (although does leave the devices in the 'Other Devices' group - not the best, but better than a yellow triangle)

Cheers,

Darren

HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8609&SUBSYS_860910B5&REV_BA
PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8609&SUBSYS_860910B5
PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8609&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_10B5&DEV_8609&CC_0880

This is a Matrox Extio PLX PEX8609 DMA Device

Use DriverPacks this driver is on Graphics B Pack or manually search for Extio264 file names OR Contact Me!!!

Its more easy when you have all the packs on different USB Drives by OS & 32/64... 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.