Question

Top Student
lafleur
Message 1 of 4 (3,579 Views)

CD/DVD drive HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L

I have a pc Pavillon m7567c and want to get the original driver for my HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L drive dated 2001-07-01, where can I get it ?  My drive is not reading nor burning any cd et dvd.  I have downloaded the firmware sp26855 v. 4.1.100.1332 and my drive still does not read or write.  I would like to reverse to the original driver but cannot find it.  Help.  I don't want to use the recovery discs because I have 3 partitions on my HDD and dont't want to delete them.
Grad Student
sclui56
Message 2 of 4 (3,575 Views)

Re: CD/DVD drive HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L

You updated the F/W of the drive, not the driver. I believe the base driver is a Microsoft driver as the drive itself should be recognized & handled by the O/S. What info is showing under device manager, and is there any warning under device manager for that particular drive?
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 3 of 4 (3,560 Views)

Hi, for dvd/cd drives windows installs a generic driver using files from the system32 folder so there won't one to download in most cases because in that case u woudl't be able to install it from a disc if the drive didn't work because of a missing driver.

Rather, what I think happened is either it's a software issue and you can follow the link below and see if that works or it may a physicial problem and may need to be replace.

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml

Top Student
lafleur
Message 4 of 4 (3,537 Views)

Thank you for your replies, I have found the problem and it was due to my ANY DVD software which I uninstalled and my drive reads and writes. 
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation