Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The CD Drive on my HP Pavilion All-in-One PC will not eject the CD.  Can anyone help, please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

While there is no model number listed, I will just have to give generic advise.  If it has a full size CD/DVD drive or even a "laptop" style drive, they usually have a small pinhole that one can activated the release mechanism with a straightened out paperclip.  Insert the straightened out paperclip into the pinhole and press slightly inward.  It should cause the drive door to pop out slightly so it can be opened by hand.  If it is a slot load drive, not going to work.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I see the pinhole. But what I did was just rebooted the PC and when it restarted, it saw the drive and ejected the CD/DVD. I have not had an occasion to re-insert the CD so at this point I am not sure whether it will eject the next time. We'lllll seeeeee. Thanks.

HP Recommended

My model:

HP Pavilion all-in-one MS200

DVD RW: GT20L SATA

Hi,

What is a "slot load drive"???...

I see a little PINHOLE on the part of the DVD reader that is always visible (it forms a part of the rectangular frame of the PC; the CD is entered on the right side of the desktop).

To be clear the part that is always visible yes, but that also gets ejected when it works...

When I press the pinhole, it feels like there is some kind of spring, but NOTHING happens !!!

Maybe I press the wrong pinhole?...

HP Recommended

Ok, I just pressed REALLY hard and it worked. Thanks anyway.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.