Question

Honor Student
pangio
Message 1 of 3 (723 Views)

CPU fan doesn't work

Hello!

On my Pavilion a6431.it I replaced my CPU cooler since my pc overheated and switched off.

I bought the AC Freezer 64 pro PWM but after mounting it its fan doesn't work.

Nay, the fan works 1-2 seconds and then stops. In the motherboard's instruction manual (Asus M2N68-LA - Narra3 for HP) I found that only CPU fans between 350mA and 750mA are supported. The new fan, instead, is a 12V - 0.13A - 2200RPM one. Perhaps the motherboard treats this low power as a fault and so it stops power. What can I do? Have I to change the fan? I tried to connect the fan in the fan case socket but nothing good while I tried the fan in another PC (with a 4-pin fan plug) and it works, so the problem is in my pc.

In the BIOS there's no way to set the fan and/or the temperature so I don't know what to do.

Can you help me?

Please sorry my horrible english.

Thanks.

Pangio

Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 3 (708 Views)

Re: CPU fan doesn't work

Don't try to use a fan that requires 4 pins on a 3 pin fan connector. If you haven't upgraded the processor, just go out and buy an inexpensive fan that has three holes and use it. If you still have th e old one, bring it with you to the store to make sure you get the right dimensions. You don't need a supercooler for your PC as you cannot even overclock it with HP's original configuration.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Honor Student
pangio
Message 3 of 3 (696 Views)

Re: CPU fan doesn't work

Thank you.

I didn't buy this new cooler because I'd like to overclock the CPU but only because my pc shouted off due to too much heating.

And I chose this cooler since I saw that I could be used in a 3 pin fan too.

However what I'm doing now, is to lay the old fan in the new cooler (because, obviously, it can't be fix since the plug is different) and it works very well!

Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation