Question

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 1 of 24 (1,100 Views)
Accepted Solution

CPU fan failure in Compaq Presario SG3450IL

Hi,

I am using a Compaq SG3450IL desktop-pc with Windows-7(32-bit) o.s. It is having ms-7525 v1.0 motherboard installed in it . The issue is that, whenever i turnon or restart my pc it shows, "Error :CPU fan failure, PC will shutdown immediately in few seconds. Service PC immediately.". But, when I opened the cpu cabinet a came to know all the fans inside cpu are working fine. I use to press F2 and skip this issue. But, after some months, pc use to restart itself for multiple times. I had formatted my entire o.s for this issue, but no use. I contacted hp service regarding this issue and they suggested me to change the cpu fan. I want to know that whether these two problems can be solved by replacing the cpu fan with new one. Please guide me with this issue. I am waiting for your valuable suggestion on this expert day.

Regards
Raaz
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 24 (1,092 Views)

Re: CPU fan failure in Compaq Presario SG3450IL

Replace the CPU fan.

What is the installed CPU?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 3 of 24 (1,087 Views)

Hi

I am having coolmaster cpu fan installed on it. And also I wanna know whether the pc goes on re-starting itself for every 3-5 mins due to cpu fan failure?

Regards
Raaz
Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 4 of 24 (1,079 Views)

Hi
I am having intel core 2 duo 2.6ghz processor with 1gb ddr2ram installed in the cpu.

Regards
Raaz
Provost
erico
Message 5 of 24 (1,078 Views)

Does it still restart itself after you changed the fan? 

Was this the first time you had ever removed and installed a CPU fan?

Did you remove all of the old thermal interface material and use new thermal interface material between the CPU fan and the top of the CPU?

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 6 of 24 (1,075 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I had removed the entire old thermal paste and put the new one. This is the first time I had changed my cpu fan, but still the restarting problem exists.

Regards
Raaz
Provost
erico
Message 7 of 24 (1,074 Views)

Is the CPU fan error message no loger appearing?

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 8 of 24 (1,072 Views)

Hi,

The CPU error message is shown some times only but restart happens regularly.

Regards
Raaz
Provost
erico
Message 9 of 24 (1,056 Views)

This may be occuring because there is no Windows 7 support for the PC and that means chipset drivers are hard to come by. Check in the Device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation points next to the devices.

You may be better off revertng back to the original Windows Vista OS.

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 10 of 24 (1,053 Views)

Hi

I used the windows-7 o.s for more than 2yrs on my pc but I had no issues. I rescently tried out the windows-xp o.s also on my pc, but it shows the same issue. And by the way, there are no yellow exclamation points in device manager.

Regards
Raaz
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation