Question
CPU fan failure in Compaq Presario SG3450IL
Replies (23)

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 21 of 24 (474 Views)

Re: CPU fan failure in Compaq Presario SG3450IL

Hi,

I somehow loaded Windows Vista HomeBasic o.s into pc and installed the audio and video drivers and finally came through the restart issue. Thus, I came to a conclusion that driver loading failure is making the PC to restart. But the CPU fan failure is still being displayed while the booting process is going on. I tried to update with the bios update file which I mentioned you previously, but it is showing the error message as "the system did not meet the minimum requirements. Installation will quit". Anyhow thankyou very much for advicing me to install Windows Vista again.

Regards

Raaz

Intern
jaadu
Message 22 of 24 (459 Views)

Hi,

normally while the CPU fan error comes, it shows up on screen with red color font and pc immediately shuts down.

however in case of system fan failure, pc gives message with white font and generally wllows to boot to windows after pressing F2 or F1 key.

if you are facing the second situation then one way to turn off the message if to go the BIOS by pressing Ctrl+F10 at the time of startup. then go to advance menu and then scroll down to hardware monitor. and you may now disable system fan check from BIOS.

i hope this will help.

Tutor
raaz_oddguy
Message 23 of 24 (453 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply. I had done the same as you directed and now it is not showing the cpu fan failure message at startup. In the hardware monitor, I also observed that the "cpu fan rpm" is being shown as "0". Is this due to fan problem? Also suggest me whether should I change the fan or not. Thanks again.

Regards

Raaz

Student
Kiddobike
Message 24 of 24 (408 Views)

CPU fan has message when I tried to turn on the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation