08-11-2012 12:27 PM
- System Type: X64-Based PC
- Processor: Intel(r) Core(tm) i5 CPU M460 @2.53 GHz, 2534 MHz, 2 Core(s) 4 Logic....
- Bios Version/Date: Hewlett-Packard F.25, 1/12/2011
- SMBIOS Version: 2.6
- Intalled Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
- Total Physical Memory: 7.80 GB
Also, I read that I might have to update my BIOS for this to "read" the entire drive, would that be the case in this situation?
I would mostly like to play video games faster in addition to having more (larger) programs installed.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate your advice.
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-11-2012 02:09 PM
Hello akfg!: As long as the Notebook can run Windows 7 it can handle up to 2.2TB HD without it automatically adding a 2nd partition automatically on the HD as for a BIOS update I wouldn't try it because the risk is too great that you could lose it via a bad flash!
hope this helps you
08-11-2012 02:16 PM
You also need to make sure the 2 TB HDD has the same physical dimenstions as your current one, or it may not fit in the drive bay.
Some 1 and 2 TB HDD's are thicker than 500GB hard drives.