Question

Student
carsys1
Message 1 of 2 (437 Views)

Can't find power connector for SATA drive in p6367c

Hi,

I just got a (refurbished) HP p6367c. It came with one 1TB SATA disk drive, and one DVD drive.

I wanted to add a second SATA hard drive. The HP web site for this model has a very nice set of instructions here for how to add another drive. However, when they get to the part about the cables, they simply say "If you added a drive, connect the data cable to the motherboard."

The problem is there is not an extra data cable or an extra power cable.

No problem on the SATA data cable as I just grabbed the one from my old machine. The lack of a power cable, however, is a problem. All that are in there as available are the old style, 4-pin power cables. I've checked all the wires coming out of the power supply, and there are only two new style power cables, both of which are being used for the existing hard drive and DVD drive.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it have come with at least one more new style power cable?

TIA

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: Can't find power connector for SATA drive in p6367c

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I have remedied this problem by purchasing a Molex to SATA power adapter.

I used this one personally on 2 PC's. Works great!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Power-adapter-internal-power/dp/B000VW0RK0/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&...

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation