Question

Student
acoustictherapy
Message 1 of 2 (455 Views)

Cleaning an Officejet Pro 8000

The magenta cartridge in my Officejet 8000 somehow exploded, and almost the entire contents of the cartridge was dumped inside the printer body.  I've cleaned all the reachable components, printheads, rollers, etc. the best I could, but red splotches are still showing up on my printouts.

Can anyone advise how to take this printer apart, or at least get the top and front panels off?  I've pored over it for an hour but I honestly can't see any way to open it up, and I need to do that to get inside and really clean things. 

There's nothing online that I've been able to find, and I don't want to start trying to pry or force things open without knowing what the consequences might be.

Please help if you can, and thanks.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (435 Views)

Re: Cleaning an Officejet Pro 8000

[ Edited ]

acoustictherapy wrote: The magenta cartridge in my Officejet 8000 somehow exploded, and almost the entire contents of the cartridge was dumped inside the printer body.  I've cleaned all the reachable components, printheads, rollers, etc. the best I could, but red splotches are still showing up on my printouts. Can anyone advise how to take this printer apart, or at least get the top and front panels off?  I've pored over it for an hour but I honestly can't see any way to open it up, and I need to do that to get inside and really clean things. There's nothing online that I've been able to find, and I don't want to start trying to pry or force things open without knowing what the consequences might be.

Please help if you can, and thanks.

Hello acoustictherapy, I also checked the HP site and could locate no information on how to disassemble your printer.

Here  is a link to the User Guide, but I could not locate any information from the Guide that might be useful.

I had this happen a few years ago on a wide format HP printer. I managed to clean most of the ink from the printer, but it did produce smudges on each printed sheet for quite a while and then stopped on its on.

I used the printer for a few years afterwards without any issues. I only stopped using it since I did not need the wide format feature and replaced it with a normal letter size printer.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation