Question

Tutor
dumpystig
Message 1 of 5 (1,706 Views)
Accepted Solution

Compaq DC7700 CMT wireless card

[ Edited ]

I'm picking up  the above PC later this week and I wonder if anyone can advise me on what wireless card to get. It has to be Draft-N capable, and preferrably Intel. This is the first thing I want to install, I may upgrade the video capabilities and also the PSU in the near future.  Any help gratefully received.

And I would prefer a built in card with external antenna, don't really want a USB device.

Cheers.

Mark.

Message 2 of 5 (1,681 Views)

Re: Compaq DC7700 CMT wireless card

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Intel doesn't make an internal desktop PCI wireless card.

I have attached a link to New Egg's website for a listing of Internal Wireless cards you can choose from. Several have reviews which may help you decide which one is best for you.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100010074%20600014354&IsNodeId=1&name=Ex...

I cannot recommend an internal wireless N card for you as I only have Wireless G. I have the Linksys Internal PCI card. It works just fine for me.

Paul

Tutor
dumpystig
Message 3 of 5 (1,671 Views)

Re: Compaq DC7700 CMT wireless card

Thanks for the reply Paul, sorry for my ignorance regarding (lack of) Intel cards!  It looks like I will be going for the D-Link DWA-556, there's a couple on eBay right now. I have a D-Link Draft-N router so I should not have any connection problems. 

Cheers     :smileyhappy:

Mark.

Message 4 of 5 (1,365 Views)

Re: Compaq DC7700 Graphics Card

Hi I have a HP Compaq 7700p dc Minitower, Intel Core 2 x 2.13 Ghz, 2 GB Ram and I have the following problem: I have a 7300 GT graphics card 256 MB and when I run any game with low system requirements, I have a terrible jam. Cooling is adequate and the computer is not overheating, but when I get out this card and will install an integrated card then everything is working properly and the system does not crash. I do not know if you have to install a patch or a patch or a change in the Bios because I really do not know what's going on, please, help.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 5 (1,360 Views)

Re: Compaq DC7700 Graphics Card

Hi:

Have you installed the latest driver for the video card? If so, it is most likely that the card is not supported in that machine;

Here is the list of supported video cards:

ATI Radeon X1300 (256MB SH) PCIe Card, DVI w/TV

ATI Radeon X1300 Pro (256MB DH) PCIe Graphics Card

ATI Radeon X1600XT (256MB DH) full-height PCIe Card, DVI w/TV-out

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 (64MB DH) PCI VGA Card

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 (128MB DH) PCIe x16 VGA Card

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 (256MB DH) PCIe x16 Graphics Card

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation