Question

Honor Student
OverHere
Message 1 of 3 (1,689 Views)

Compaq Presario SR1620NX Complete CPU support

[ Edited ]

I would like to know the complete CPU support for the Compaq Presario SR1620NX. I do understand the website's specifications but still wondering if by any chances the system can handle AMD Opteron or FX CPU as long they are socket 939. After many searches online, I found out that numerous people were referencing to compatible MS-7093 CPU support. Just want to know the exact support whitout a doubt.

Motherboard Specifications:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00378480&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

• Motherboard manufacturer's name: MSI MS-7184
  • HP/Compaq name: AmethystM-GL6E
  • Socket: 939
  • Supports AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors

• Thank you for your time.

Regents Professor
    Hanspuppa
    Message 2 of 3 (1,644 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario SR1620NX Complete CPU support

OverHere wrote:I would like to know the complete CPU support for the Compaq Presario SR1620NX. I do understand the website's specifications but still wondering if by any chances the system can handle AMD Opteron or FX CPU as long they are socket 939. After many searches online, I found out that numerous people were referencing to compatible MS-7093 CPU support. Just want to know the exact support whitout a doubt.

Motherboard Specifications:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00378480&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

• Motherboard manufacturer's name: MSI MS-7184
  • HP/Compaq name: AmethystM-GL6E
  • Socket: 939
  • Supports AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors

• Hello OverHere, While it may be possible to install certain other processors than the HP supported processors, it is not recommended to do this.

The motherboard that is used in this computer, while being an MSI, does not have the standard MSI BIOS. The BIOS is written by HP and may not support other processors than the ones on the supported processor list.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
    OverHere
    Message 3 of 3 (1,636 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario SR1620NX Complete CPU support

Thank you for a quick response! At least this answered another question that I had at the same time.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation