Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-Compaq-dc7800-SFF
Linux

I am a Research scholar working with HP-Compaq-dc7800-Small-Form-Factor PC. It already has RV610 [Radeon HD 2400 PRO/XT] Graphics card.

I want to install CUDA toolkit for parallel computing. For that I need CUDA compatible NVIDIA GPU.

What are all the NVIDIA GPUs compatible with my system?

I also have hp pavilion g6 laptop. Is there any NVIDIA GPU that is compatible with my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the specs showed it was compatible, then there should not be any PSU upgrade required.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

For the SFF desktop PC, see the following pdf HP document.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx%2Fc04133315.pdf

For your notebook, with a  notebook unit like the G6 there isn't much in terms of a video solution upgrade possible, except for exotic and expensive solutions such as the ViDock products from Villagetronics. Please post questions about notebooks in the notebook section of the forum.  The two PC types are very physically different platforms with different requirements and inherent limitations.

http://www.villagetronic.com/g4/expansion-products/all

http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

In the document it is given that "The NVIDIA GeForce G210 HDMI (512MB) Low-Profile (LP) PCIe x16 Graphics Card is compatible with HP Compaq dx7500 Small Form Factor Business Desktop PC" where as mine is compaq dc 7800 SFF.

Can you tell any GPU for compaq dc 7800 SFF?

Is GeForce GT 610 compatible with my PC?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@SonuRaj wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

In the document it is given that "The NVIDIA GeForce G210 HDMI (512MB) Low-Profile (LP) PCIe x16 Graphics Card is compatible with HP Compaq dx7500 Small Form Factor Business Desktop PC" where as mine is compaq dc 7800 SFF.

Can you tell any GPU for compaq dc 7800 SFF? A NVIDIA GF 8400GS 256MB single head graphics adapter (PCIe x16) is listed as an option in the HP quickspecs for your PC. The x1 version is also listed.

Is GeForce GT 610 compatible with my PC? No. The GeForce GT 610 has greater power requirements and power consumption. It uses 29W and requires the host PC to have a minimum 300W system power. You desktop PC has 240W system power and that is not enough. See the NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 specifications If you had the convertible minitower version of the dc7800, then life would be simpler. It has a 365 W power supplu.

Thanks in advance.

A 

HP Recommended

GF 8400 does not support CUDA. Can you please suggest any compatible Nvidia GPU for my PC that supports CUDA?

It would be great if you can tell Nvidia GPU for HP pro book 440 G2.

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Upgrading the video card has been discussed many times in the forum and elsewhere as seen in the following search.  

https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=compaq%20dc7800%20sff%20...

I suggest that you read through all of the threads on your own to see what solutions were presented.

HP Recommended

In HP quick specs it is said that Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS is compatible with my PC. Can I add a new GPU along with AMD GPU?

Are any other changes like power adapter need to be made to the PC for adding Geforce 8400 GS?

HP Recommended

If the specs showed it was compatible, then there should not be any PSU upgrade required.

HP Recommended
I have hp dc 7800 core2duo
2.33GHZ 2GB RAM HDD 160GB my graphic card is small
please tell me which graphic card is compatibale for my system..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.