Question

Student
Wiicked123
Message 1 of 5 (7,622 Views)

Consumer IR Devices

I can only start my computer in safe mode. Then I look at the device manager and Consumer IR Devices is flagged. It is preventing my computer from working properly. Is there a way to fix this so I can actually get on my computer. Thanks in advance!

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 2 of 5 (7,613 Views)

Re: Consumer IR Devices

You can opt to right mouse click the device and uninstall it. After the system reboots, it will try to reinstall the driver for the device again. I don't think that's your issue though.

What did you install recently?

If you create a new account and set a password for that new account, will it still boot into Windows with that new account? If so, once you get in, download and install Microsoft Security Essentials and scan for malware.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

o9 Honor Student
Honor Student
o9
Message 3 of 5 (2,890 Views)

I can only start my computer in safe mode. 

consumer IR Devices:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

in window 7pro.

o9 Honor Student
Honor Student
o9
Message 4 of 5 (2,890 Views)

I can only start my computer in safe mode. 

consumer IR Devices:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

in window 7

Student
sissy_girl
Message 5 of 5 (1,854 Views)

i received same issue and keep getting crash dump blue screen. Mine is from a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard that has been uninstalled , but still getting runner.exe error pop up box.  I disabled the consumer ir device and will see if error continues.  Also only way to find anything on Logitech is doing a search on C drive and it finds application and a file but concerned if i hit delete that it will screw up someother program

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation