Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Absolutely agree witrh Jeff that nothing but the keyboard mouse and monitor should be connected when flashing the BIOS on any PC.

HP Recommended

ntel P4 640 (3.2/800/2M) processor with HyperThreading /ATI X1300 Video Card/1.5G Ram

Can I upgrade to any of these cpu's?

HP Recommended

All of the parts you mention will run fine on a dc7600.  Adding the Video Card should free up some of the memory now used to support the onboard (motherboard) video chip.  The best CPU that can be run on the dc7600 (arguably) would be the Intel Pentium D Processors which had very disappointing speed when compared to the Core 2 Duo's.  You have 4 empty slots which enables you 4 Gb total RAM (capability).  Rumor had it that HP would update the motherboards BIOS to make them compatible with newer processors & I believe they ditched the effort.  I haven't tried to (yet!) update my 2-dc7600 CMT's with Windows 7.  I spotted HP Business machines for sale at www.tigerdirect.com claiming to be running Windows 7 64-bit!  They even claimed having a dc7100 loaded with Win 7 64-bit!  I don't expect you'll find the drivers necessary to run Win 7 64-bit and wouldn't even try if I could.  Have fun with your dc7600! but remember; you're now into the "Classics" age!  Good Luck!  Jeff

HP Recommended
The best piece of hardware I've bought is the SSD! A bit expensive for most; but, you can install them into practically anything and enjoy their speed! When you 'outgrow' your present computer; you can put it in your 'New' one! Solid State --> they don't 'wear' out! Jeff
HP Recommended

Hi, guys! Sorry for my english. I have dc7600 sff and I want to upgrade it with 4 gb PC2-5300. Which Win7 would be better for this amount of RAM: x86 or x64? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm running an Intel Pentium-D 945 chip (dual 3.4Ghz), 4GB of Ram, a 120GB SSD and an nVidia 530 with 64-bit win 7. Pretty happy with it.

HP Recommended
Hy can i install a i3 procesror on my dc7600 sff? Wich work with a core duo. Sory for my english i speak better french.
HP Recommended

Sun Tzu Tech is running the Intel Pentium D 945 (3.4GHz x2) which is the BEST Intel has to offer for HP's dc7600!  Sorry, Zebrowser!  The Intel i3 is a couple of generations newer!  and different socket to match1  When upgrading Memory, I'd get the fastest (PC2-6400) I could find.  If you already have the PC2-5300; keep it!  I doubt you would even notice any difference.  If you plan on running windows 7 64-bit in the dc7600, Get the Intel Pentium D 945!  8GB (4 sticks of 2GB each) of PC2-6400 800 MHz Memory and the "Baddest" Video Card I'd select would be the Radeon HD4850 (in a Convertible Mini Tower).  Good Luck!  ... a hint - when buying "new", Look UP!  In a Month you'll want even Better Performance from your rig!    Jeff

HP Recommended

Hello

i have a dc7600 sff i upgraded my cpu from the p4 3.0 ghz to the pd 920 2.8 ghz after doing the microcode update (on xp )

and i added 4 stick of 1 gb of ram so the problem is : the pc keeps restarting ( Blue screen ) all times

i havent added any new gpu i have the default dc7600 sff gpu

help ? xD

HP Recommended

revert to the original cpu and downgrade to 2x1GB dimms.  If that blue screens, you may have memory issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.