Question

Tutor
mgeorgetti
Message 1 of 1 (425 Views)

DC7900 Won't Boot

I have an HP DC7900 Small Form Factor PC that will not boot. When you power the PC on, it displays the HP boot screen as normal. Then, the PC loses video and the fans and hard drive stop spinning. There are no beep codes but the green hard drive LED is lit up steady but the power LED is dark. I can't even hold the power button in to shut it off, all I can do is unplug it. If I leave the PC unplugged for a while, it will boot up and work just fine for about 2-10 minutes and then it procedes to have the same symptoms. I should also note that the PC has two 1GB RAM sticks installed and when I have just one (either one) plugged into the DIMM1 slot, the system works normally without any shutdown. The only other thing that I have tried so far is to flash the BIOS which didn't seem to help. Before I replace anything, I figured that I would check with the forum to see if anyone has come across this issue before. Thank you in advance for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation