Question

Honor Student
TrevorM
Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)

DVD-ROM drive BD-RE BH40N

Hi

I have had a HP ENVY Phoenix BIO Model 810-003a for about a week.  The disc drive BD-RE BH40N successfully burned a double layer data disk but will not recognize it when it is re-inserted.  The disc is recognized by the drive in my laptop Acer Aspire 5820TG.  I cannot find help in other places so I am hoping someone on this forum may be able to assist.

TrevorM 

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Re: DVD-ROM drive BD-RE BH40N

Does the drive recognize a commerically made  DVD or BluRay?  I could be the drive has failed but try this UPDATE before giving up.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
TrevorM
Message 3 of 5 (177 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  The drive recognizes and plays back commercial video and data discs.  I applied the update but unfortunately this did not help.  The disc drive can be heard trying to read the disc.  Perhaps I did someting wrong when I burned the disc.

I appreciate your help.

TrevorM

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

When "The disc is recognized by the drive in my laptop Acer" does it actually play in the Acer?

Some drives can be picky about the media but I would think if it was burned by the drive it should be read by the drive.  I would try different media, however.  Just for testing, try single layer DVD's and Verbatim ( not the Life Series ) are considered by many to be the best in media choices for single and D/L DVD's and BluRay, too.  Also try some different  siftware to aythor and burn the disks.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
TrevorM
Message 5 of 5 (166 Views)

Hi

Yes, the disc does play in the Acer laptop.  I thought too that if it was burned on a drive and played on another drive then it should play on the "mother drive".  I used a TDK disc and I do favour Verbatim if I can get them.  Dual layer discs seem to be getting scarce.  I can burn single layer discs on the HP.  The dual layer burn was really an exercise to see if it would work on my new toy as I had been unable to burn them on the laptop.  Go figure!

Thanks again - I think we can call the case closed.

TrevorM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation