Question

Student
xhphoenix
Message 1 of 3 (1,910 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dead Power Supply HP Pavilion s3750t Slimline

Bought an HP Paviliton Slimline s3750t in February - six weeks later the power supply died. No lights, no fan, nothing. Spent an hour online with HP chat support who promised to send a replacement within 3-4 business days. Nothing arrived so now I'm on the phone with HP support who have spent 20 minutes so far trying to see if there is any record. What is your experience with HP support and the quality of this product. So far, I am very underwhelmed.
Grad Student
y2ken
Message 2 of 3 (1,900 Views)

Re: Dead Power Supply HP Pavilion s3750t Slimline

In a recent PC World customer satisfaction survery HP did very poorly in both reliability of their products and customer support. : (
Associate Professor
RoyalSerpent
Message 3 of 3 (1,887 Views)

Re: Dead Power Supply HP Pavilion s3750t Slimline

Slimline = BBQ hot box.  Heat is the number one killer of electronics (you can't jack up the voltage on HP board).  I've seen quite a few dead PSUs in this forum.  The replacement PSU may not last very long if subjected to the same environment.  It's too late to return the PC for a refund, but you can still migrate the electronics to a larger case with better ventilation (Antec 300).  The larger case will also allow you to use a more powerful/quiet powersupply.  Cost of the PSU is around $30-$40 after rebate.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation