Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hair dryer trick totally worked for me.

HP Recommended
Just had this exact situation after my power went on and off in a storm. I tried the hair dryer trick and it worked just like the fellow described what to do. Thank you.
HP Recommended

hair dryer worked light stop blinking ,now it starts but says disk boot failure insert system disk?

HP Recommended

hair dryer work but now when it starts up it says disk boot failure why?

HP Recommended

The hair dryer remedy worked. I was very skeptical, but it took less than a minute.

HP Recommended

either discharge static charge (ionizing type hairdryer?) or blows away enough dirt so that proper cooling is restored

HP Recommended

Hair dryer trick works.  All the computer experts I have talked to don't know about this and they are surprised.

Anyway, after six months, I was having to use the hair dryer daily to re-start the computer, so I took the computer to the shop, the guy checked the power supply, and it was really bad, so I bought a new one for $25 and replaced it myself, and it seems to be working fine now.   So the blow dryer is a temporary fix, but it does work. 

HP Recommended
Thank you!! It worked for me and I am soooo happy!!! Thank you!!!
HP Recommended

By recognizing a flashing power supply LED on an HP m9428f, I used a blow dryer for about 30 seconds near the intake fan.  Once the LED stopped flashing, the computer could be started normally.  Neither the power cord nor any devices were disconnected during this process.

HP Recommended

thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the hair dryer thing worked!!!!!!!!!!! it took only 30 seconds!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.