Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This worked for me also. :manhappy:

Just had the same problem. Looked at the troubleshooting guide and nothing worked. Accidentally unplugged the main motherboard power while the PC power was still plugged into the outlet and then plugged back in and presto, now it works.
HP Recommended

Same problem as others. Used the hair dry and sure enough flashing green light became solid. Although in my case the computer still won't start. There is no light on the switch, although appears to be OK. The PSU has now been on for about 15 minutes but there is no indication of heat. Does this mean the PSU has definitely gone.

HP Recommended

Thanks to the blow dryer genius!  After spending the whole day researching and trying different fixes, I was ready to give up.  I stumbled on the hair dryer suggestion and it worked!

HP Recommended

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I have worked on computers for 20 years and I have never seen anything like this.

My uncle's computer had problems with his networking card, so I picked it up and brought it home to work on and it would not start up. I tried different power cords and nothing. The back green light was blinking.

I did a search, found this post and everything was fine. Just unplugged the machine, unplugged the power from the motherboard. Plugged the power cord back in and replugged in the power to the motherboard.

If I wouldn't have tried it myself, I would have said you were all nuts. Thank you for saving me from hours of frustration and buying a new power supply. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

The hairdryer trick totally worked but the man thing to make sure its on hot and hold it about 4 to 6 inches away from the power fan so you dont burn out the power supply. Thank you all for your help.

HP Recommended

I just did that hair dryer thing and it work in about 15 seconds. That blew me away.!!  What does the dyrer thing trigger?

HP Recommended
It works thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.