Question

Top Student
VoidXero
Message 1 of 3 (198 Views)

Display driver update problem

[ Edited ]

I have always wanted to ask on the forums, but i always forget. Subject says it all. When i first got the computer it was fine. Then my screen started to flicker resolution its difficult to explain it would go black and come back all grainy looking then when i hit the menu button on my tv it would go back to normal. After a year or so it asks to update display driver it crashes my pc and when it restarts intself and comes back the resolution is horrible all big icons and stuff I utterly refuse too update it now.  Before you ask, yes i made sure it was correct driver update and i also did it on a regular monitor bc right now im using a philips 42'' tv. Ive even tried factory restoring didnt work either. I get the blue screen everytime. Not sure if its my graphics card, or my PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard

its an HPE-410f

Serial #: {Removed for privacy}

product #: BM424AA#ABA

Thank you for your time

PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Display driver update problem

Assuming you have an ATI/AMD graphics card installed, download and install AMD Catalyst Display Driver version 12.1.  If this does not resolve your issue, the graphics card may be faulty and a replacement required.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
VoidXero
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: Display driver update problem

The diplay driver update "is" the problem, but unfortunatly i will problably have to replace my motherboard and/or the graphics card. I will problably replace both. Ive already went through 3 graphic cards all the same type of course ATI Radeon HD series 5570. I went through the one i had when i bought it, then hp sent me a new one (which turned out to be worse then the one i had fan was loose and making alot of noise.), and the one that was in the other computer same pc HPE-410f. To be honest i dont think its the graphics card, but who knows maybe this perticular graphics card isnt to well put together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation