Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a p6-2220t HP computer with a Foxconn 2ABF motherboard.

I was wondering, would an ivy bridge i5 processor work with my motherboard?

I was not able to find any update information for this motherboard on Foxconns website because for some reason this 'exact' model doesn't show up.

It's a H61 Foxconn 2ABF and I hope to pair it with a Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz LGA 1155 CPU.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

ONly the following CPUs are compatible with the motherboard in your desktop PC. There are no Intel Core i5 CPUs compatible with your motherboard. Reference source: HP documentation

There is no mention of the motherboard that you have stated as installed in your desktop PC. You will not find updates for this motherboard at Foxconn. Installing a BIOS from Foxconn is very likely to "brick" your motherboard. Brick=revert motherboard into an epensive non-operative pile of parts

• Manufacturer: Foxconn
  • Manufacturer name: H-Cupertino3-H61-uA TX
  • HP name: Cupertino3

compatible CPU.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

That if false information. Those were the Upgrades available when ordering the computer.

There are a whole range of CPUs that will easily work with his MB. I have that exact model (HP P6-2220t) and I added an Intel core i5-3570. There are even core 1-7s that work.

He needs to research the documentation for his computer on-line like I did. -BA

No BIOS update is necessary (or available) for an i5 upgrade.

HP Recommended

@Brianalex wrote:

That if false information. Those were the Upgrades available when ordering the computer.

There are a whole range of CPUs that will easily work with his MB. I have that exact model (HP P6-2220t) and I added an Intel core i5-3570. There are even core 1-7s that work.

He needs to research the documentation for his computer on-line like I did. -BA

No BIOS update is necessary (or available) for an i5 upgrade.

It was true two years ago when this thread was opened and It is true now.   This is a very old thread. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sir, I understand your desire to defend your opinion, but the information was false then and it is still false.

The list you provided was what one could choose from WHEN ORDERING the machine and in NO WAY represented all possible CPUs for that computer.

I  if you go to  HP support (http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6-2200-Desktop-PC-series/5258508/model/5231217/docu... it clearly stated in 2012 that any i5-3xxxT, 3xxxS, 3xxx, i7-3xxx, 3xxxS, ETC. would work up to 95W. There were a total of 17 CPU types compatible with this board.

I'm sorry sir, your info was wrong then and it is still wrong.

Did you miss the part where I said I bought a P6-2220T ( in 2012 btw) and added an Intel i5-3570 successfully ? Sure, I could not ORDER one with that CPU. This is not what OP was asking.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.