Question

Honor Student
aran98
Message 1 of 4 (1,059 Views)

Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ? Thks

Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?  Sounds a basic question that I should know already but I dont.

Thanks for the Support.

Kesavan

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,049 Views)

Re: Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?

[ Edited ]

Desktop PCs all use external speakers except the oldest PCs. Here are the specs for your PC. It has an integrated IDT 92HD89E audio solution.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
aran98
Message 3 of 4 (1,035 Views)

Re: Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?

Integrated IDT 92HD89E Audio
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
  • Built-in High Definition 8 channel audio
  • IDT 92HD89E CODEC
 Thanks Erico.  Neither of the above terms from the spec mean much to me.  I just want sound and based on your answer no modern desktop PC will give you built in sound.  What I find interesting from your answer (and surprising) is that modern desktops do not have build in sound while older desktops do.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,027 Views)

There are a few models such as the TouchSmart desktops that do have built in speakers.. Purchase a PC speaker set and plug it in to the green connector at the rear of the desktop PC.

The older generation PCs even had a piezo electric speaker to enable the user to hear the BIOS beep codes. The little speaker was pretty worthless for sound, so most everyone plugged in a set of external speakers.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation