Question

Honor Student
aran98
Message 1 of 4 (1,114 Views)

Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ? Thks

Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?  Sounds a basic question that I should know already but I dont.

Thanks for the Support.

Kesavan

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,104 Views)

Re: Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?

[ Edited ]

Desktop PCs all use external speakers except the oldest PCs. Here are the specs for your PC. It has an integrated IDT 92HD89E audio solution.

Best regards,
erico

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
aran98
Message 3 of 4 (1,090 Views)

Re: Does a HP Pavilion Elite HPE595a come with builtin speakers or is audio via external speakers ?

Integrated IDT 92HD89E Audio
*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
  • Built-in High Definition 8 channel audio
  • IDT 92HD89E CODEC
 Thanks Erico.  Neither of the above terms from the spec mean much to me.  I just want sound and based on your answer no modern desktop PC will give you built in sound.  What I find interesting from your answer (and surprising) is that modern desktops do not have build in sound while older desktops do.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (1,082 Views)

There are a few models such as the TouchSmart desktops that do have built in speakers.. Purchase a PC speaker set and plug it in to the green connector at the rear of the desktop PC.

The older generation PCs even had a piezo electric speaker to enable the user to hear the BIOS beep codes. The little speaker was pretty worthless for sound, so most everyone plugged in a set of external speakers.

Best regards,
erico
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation