Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p2-1257in
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have reinstalled Windows 7 on my desktop PC. There is, however, no internet connection and I get the message "Windows cannot detect any networking hardware". I checked to ensure that internet connection is OK. I am able to access internet on my laptop, smart phone etc. Apparently, in the process of re-installation of Windows 7, it seems that the driver for the ethernet adapter got deleted. This was a clean Windows 7 install where I formated the hard drive and wiped out all the existing data. I opened the hood of the PC and found that there is a Foxconn ethernet adapter, without any model number, integrated with the motherboard. The motherboard is ASUS IPXS8-DM. I shall appreciate some guidance on where on the internet I can find the driver for this ethernet adapter so that internet is restored.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not support your PC for 32 bit operating systems.

See if this driver from a Dell PC works for you...it is for the model ethernet adapter your PC has and has support for W7 32 bit.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverid=D1KK4

HP Recommended
Many thanks to Paul Tikkanen for a prompt reply. Unfortunately the Dell link did not resolve the problem. I have now re-installed Windows 7 with 64 bit in the hope that a compatible driver supported by HP may be available. Can you advise, please?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Didn't the W7 x64 atheros driver from your PC's support page work?

This package provides the original driver for the Atheros Ethernet Controller solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp57789.exe

HP Recommended
After installing Windows 7 64-bit, I downloaded two seemingly compatible drivers from HP Support. The first one did not work but the second, which is the same as suggested by Paul Tikkanen, worked and the problem is now resolved. Although my trial & error method happily proved successful, it does not take away from Paul's very prompt and helpful advice which I value greatly. Thanks a lot! My best wishes.
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.