Drivers for DC7700 SFF - How do I establish which of the drivers on your site are for my machine? (1415 Views)
Honor Student
phyllisM
Message 1 of 6 (1,415 Views)

Drivers for DC7700 SFF - How do I establish which of the drivers on your site are for my machine?

How do I establish which of the many drivers on the drivers/support page for XP for the DC7700 SFF is relevant to my computer?
Posted from Facebook
Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (1,367 Views)

Re: Drivers for DC7700 SFF - How do I establish which of the drivers on your site are for my machine

It would help if you yould give us the scenario you find yourself in.

What are you doing that requires the drivers?

The drivers you need will come from the XP Professional drivers section at your propducts support page

Driver-Audio

Driver-Chipset

Driver-Graphics if you are using the onboard graphics.  If you have a video card, use its drivers instead.

Driver-Keyboard,mouse and input devices

Driver-Modem (if you actually use it)

Driver-Network

Driver-Storage

Operating System - Enhancements and QFEs (all of these after you install the OS)

Everything I listed is needed to get the desktop up and running . All others on the drivers page are on the driver page are on  an as needed basis.

best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
phyllisM
Message 3 of 6 (1,361 Views)

Re: Drivers for DC7700 SFF - How do I establish which of the drivers on your site are for my machine

That is where I looked, but there are several drivers under some of the categories ie. driver-graphics have various different types of graphic card drivers, so does the driver network. I do not know which to download
Posted from Facebook
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]

phyllisM wrote:
That is where I looked, but there are several drivers under some of the categories ie. driver-graphics have various different types of graphic card drivers, so does the driver network. I do not know which to download

Hi PhyllisM,

In the driver-graphics category:

Is there a graphics card installed in the PC or not? Read what I wrote more carefully please.  Where do you plug in the monitor connector?  Does the connector go on horizontally or vertically at the desktop PC? 

for the network driver category just try them until you find which one works. It won't hurt a thing. Windows will tell you that a particular driver will or will not work. 

best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 6 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Please post the device details ID string for every missing device you have. If you are running WXP, you go to the device manager, click on each problem device one at a time, click on the details tab and post the string of characters you see.

Install the chipset driver for the OS you are runing first and reboot before you do anything further.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3232108&lang=en&cc=us...

If you have the onboard graphics adapter (no add on video card) you would install the Intel Graphics Driver.  Install this after you install the chipset driver and rebooted.

If you have an add on video card you will need to post the device details ID string of characters in accordance with the guidance I provided above.

Paul

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (1,295 Views)

HI,

phyllisM wrote:
How do I establish which of the many drivers on the drivers/support page for XP for the DC7700 SFF is relevant to my computer?

Download and install CPU-z and PC Wizard. Run PC Wizard and see what devices are installed in your laptop. ONce you have done that you acn see which drivers you need to download.

regards,

erico 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation