Question

Honor Student
lucylou7000
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dual Monitor Set Up

I have a brand new HP Envy Pheonex 810-109 Product # F3D89AA#ABL I am currently using an old Dell Monitor in VGA port and it works fine. I purchased a HP Pavilion 27" to add as second monitor and also purchased a DVI-D to HDMI cable. However, "Check Video Cable" keeps showing on my Pavillion. In monitor set up where it asks for source I have tried both the DVI and the HDMI and neither works. In another posting someone mention resetting the monitor so I tried that. Still getting check video cable. Any suggestions?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

Re: Dual Monitor Set Up

You have a choice to make. :smileyhappy:

You can use two video outputs on the video card or the single video output on the motherboard. You cannot use both.

I suggest using the DVD output on the video card and an adapter in the HDMI output on the card. The only problem is that using an old school VGA monitor won't work on the video card outputs since it needs to output to digital display devices. If you want two displays from the video card ,then you will probably need to purchase another LCD display to connect to the video card.

It is probably time to consider putting the old VGA monitor out to pasture. Its time has come and gone.

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
lucylou7000
Message 3 of 3 (142 Views)

Re: Dual Monitor Set Up

Great thanks it is now working.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation