Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am getting this message when i try to boot ERROR: System Fan Has Failed. Service PC to prevent damage to the system. Press to continue (The cpu fan is workingit is working) My bios i version 5.13 10/24/07 on your support site http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-60387-1&cc=dk&dlc=en&lc=en&... Bios version is version 5.13 2008-05-08 (I flashed this version) I did that because i don't have a hardware monitor in my bios (nr 9) http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00013522 What can i do i still dont have hardware minitor in my bios ? Still getting this message: ERROR: System Fan Has Failed. Service PC to prevent damage to the system. Press to continue Resete bios? Taking out battery?
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi

The message very clearly says that the Fan is failing you need to replace the Fan so that the unit works fine. If you have already updated the Bios on the unit. Then check if your unit is still covered by HP Warrenty contact technical support and get it replaced or if your unit is Out of Warrenty need help in regards to part let me know.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
No warranty at all my desktop is a hp pavilion 9067 i bought used What Fan ? i mean somebody said to me that it's not the cpu fan but the one on the system port,system port? My hp pavilion 9067 is installed in a fractal design core 3000 cabinet with as far as i can remember 1x1200 and 2x 1000 rpm fans connected to my motherborad also had the problem when i connected the fans to the manual fan control unit locaed in one of my slots Can my motherboard handle,control 3 fans?
HP Recommended

Hi

This is the Fan which is on the Mother Board which is on the Processor that is the CPU that needs to be repalced. Try cleaning it once and see how it goes before replacing it.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button. Thanks!

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
All ready did that wehen i upgraded to 4x2 rgb ram What size is the fan ? is it just at standard 80mm or 92 mm fan? (i am from europe) Could it be the cpu fan that is not connected propperly to the motherboard?
HP Recommended

Hi

This is a CPU Fan which is on the processor that needs to be replaced.

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
can it be cooled without a fan? (it's a combination of passiv and fan cooled)
HP Recommended
Can i just buy a fan? (don't need the heatsink) Or could it be an advantage(noise) of getting both?
HP Recommended

Hi

As i see you need both off them to fix this issue..

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

The system fan is not the CPU fan... it is a case fan. If you have case fans without speed sensors or they are just connected to the power supply and not the motherboard, your system will display an error.

Frank

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.