Question

Honor Student
gagliardo
Message 1 of 4 (234 Views)
Accepted Solution

(Emergency) Replacing Hard Drive for a bigger one.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am the owner of an HP Pavilion All-in-One MS210LA Desktop PC

It was shipped with a 320 gb Hard Drive, which recently failed. I was not able to make any retrival discs, but I managed to save most of my important work files on an external Hard Drive.

My question is the following:

what is the max Hard drive size this computer can support?

I'm curently having a hard time finding a replacement 320 gb hd, the smallest ones being 500gb and up to 700.

Sadly, due work constraints I am in a rush to get back to work in my current project which was halted by this misshap. So I'm trying to find what hd i can get right now, but at the same time, which would be the best investment.

Currently my only options for hd to purchase asap are 120gb, 500gb and 700 gb. all for 99$ each.

thanks in advance for your hasty response.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: (Emergency) Replacing Hard Drive for a bigger one.

Hi:

Looking at the age, chipset, etc., of the PC, in my opinion, you should be able to install up to a 1 TB HDD, so go with what you want.

Bear in mind that if you purchase recovery disks, the hard drive has to have at least the same size storage capacity (320GB) as the one that died on you.

Honor Student
gagliardo
Message 3 of 4 (220 Views)

Thank you!

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (218 Views)

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation