Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello.

Last night when i tuned on my computer, i got a problem... Windows was about 10-30min to start up, finally I went into the the desktop, but after a bit windows start freezing and asked me to shut down my computer. Later on i ran a "diagnostic scan" and endeted up with this. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on my HP Pavillion "p6361sc"

Testing: Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93Hhz Passed

Testing: Memory (6144 MB) Memory Passed

Testing: WDC WD10EADS-65M2B0 (2D9952007702) Passed
Testing: hp DVD A DH16AAL (2D9952007702) Passed
Testing: Boot Path Warning
Error Code: BIOHD-3
Warning: No bootable drives detected.
Suggestions: Please Contact HP Support.
Press any key to continue.

I don't know if it's my HDD or my motherboard ?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Does your PC only have a single hard drive?

Boot your PC into the bios (f10) and look at the MAIN screen and see if a hard drive is being detected.  You should see at least the CD optical drive.

Things to try:

Clear the CMOS.

Check the hard drive cables on both ends (data and power) and make sure that they are firmly corrected to the drive and the motherboard.

If your PC only has one hard drive, then you could try another SATA port on the motherboard to see if the port has gone bad.  Booting back into the bios should indicate the presence of a hard drive if the original motherboard port has gone bad.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

OK this came up when I pressed (F10) 

1st drive [hp DVD A DH16AAL]
2nd drive [None]
3rd drive [WDC WD10EADS-65M2B0

4th drive [None]

I only have one HDD in my Computer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

BIOHD-3 means the diagnostic program has encountered errors with the hard drive attached to port 3.

It appears that your hard drive is bad.  If you can get your PC to boot up then do so and get your data backup to external media if you already haven't done so.  You will need to use your HP recovery disks when you install the replacement hard drive.  If you don't have a set of the HP recovery disks then you will need to order a set from HP.

How to replace the hard drive.

The fact that your PC takes 20-30 minutes to boot up may be reflective of recursive hard drive errors.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

So it's my Harddrive there is something wrong with, and not my motherboard or CPU 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The hard drive is the first thing that I suspect is bad based on the information taht you have provided.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with and error code of BIOHD-3.  I am completely unable to boot up my computer and I do not have a recovery or installation disc.  If I am reading the advice correctly, I need to contact HP and have them send me one?  Then what?

HP Recommended

Hi WayneB1,

You are correct that you will need to contact HP and get a set of recovery discs. Once you have those you will need to replace your hard drive. In Big_Dave's second post there is a link on how to replace a hard drive. The link below will help you order recovery discs.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hey everyone ,

so ive been reading the advice about the hdd issues with the ms-7525 motherboard . What im wondering is , even though people are saying to contact HP for recovery discs , is there no way just to install a newly formatted drive and just simply install new copy of windows ? and if not then why not ?

Im having the same issue as everyone else and have tried almost everything but a hammer 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Bumping an old thread because I am having a similar issue, only on a brand new HDD.

Old HDD died, bought a new one. Couldn't get the CDROM to read the new recovery disks that HP sent last week. So I formatted a USB and converted the discs over to that. I got it to boot but then system recovery comes on and asks for a driver.  I finally rean diagnostis tool .

Interface, CPU, Memory, HDD, CDDVDWROM - all passed. 

Boot Path gave me a BIOHD-3 Error code, no bootable path.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.