Expansion Bay won't open (1669 Views)
Student
tarheelk9
Message 1 of 3 (1,669 Views)

Expansion Bay won't open

[ Edited ]

Having problems opening Expansion Bay and are all "add-ons" put on Expansion Disk? I am having problems distinguishing between multimedia bay and expansion bay. Is my internal memory increased by transferring

materials from memory to either disk? Thank you sincerely for your assistance

Kenn>

N. Carolina

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (1,648 Views)

Re: Expansion Bay won't open

tarheelk9 wrote:

Having problems opening Expansion Bay and are all "add-ons" put on Expansion Disk? I am having problems distinguishing between multimedia bay and expansion bay. Is my internal memory increased by transferring

materials from memory to either disk? Thank you sincerely for your assistance

Kenn>

N. Carolina

Unless you identify your desktop PC--no one could have an idea on what the issue is.

Don't confuse internal memory (modules installed) with hard drive space solely because the reference term used is Gigabyte.. They are apples and oranges and cannot be compared

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Teacher
DoinTFN
Message 3 of 3 (1,643 Views)

Re: Expansion Bay won't open

Do you have an HP Pavilion desktop PC?  Many of these products come with only one optical drive such as a DVD writer mounted in the top drive bay labled as 'multimedia optical drive'.  The spare drive bay is labeled expansion bay and is empty.  If you open the little flip down door you will see a metal filler panel inside,  Pressing the button on the front panel will not open the the expansion bay as there is no drive installed.  However if you do have a second drive installed in the expansion bay and and cannot open it that is a different problem.

I am an employee of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation