Question

Honor Student
Forester2
Message 1 of 4 (782 Views)
Accepted Solution

Fan not working on Pavilion a1747C desk top

I have had a message come up saying the fan did not turn on, if you want to continue press F2.

I want to know what fan it is the the computer is monitoring.

I had this message a couple of times but not in the last two days.

I have looked at the fans in the back and both are running and I put a flash light to the side and the one on the

processor was running at the time I looked but that was after it came up by itself.

There is no dust collecting on the fans, had it serviced and installed new hard drive and upgraded to windows7

about 6 weeks ago. I bought the PC in Feb. 2007.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (770 Views)

Re: Fan not working on Pavilion a1747C desk top

[ Edited ]

It is probably referring to the processor fan. There are several possibilities. The fan may be aging and is not starting up in a timely manner or at the RPMs expected. It could also be a faulty sensor on the motherboard giving the error. Since the machine is 3 yrs old it is possible that the fan needs to be replaced.

The thread HERE is on similiar topic.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Forester2
Message 3 of 4 (753 Views)

If it is the fan on the mother board can I relace it without to much trouble?

And if it is the sensor is it a micro sw that could be replaced?

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 4 (751 Views)

Yes, a CPU fan can be replaced quite easily and inexpensive. If it is a bad sensor on the motherboard, that is another matter. Probably the only solution would be looking in BIOS for a possible option to turn off monitoring.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation