Question

Student
csand
Message 1 of 3 (2,672 Views)

Full Hard Drive Crash

Our hard drive has crashed completely on our HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop.  We have the recovery disk but the computer does not reach the bios on startup and all we are seeing is a black screen.  We do not even see the HP logo when we start the computer.  We have purchased a new hard drive and installed it but it will not reinstall the software from the recovery disk.  We are currently living in Japan and do not have access to a authorized HP repair center.  We will have to do all repairs ourselves.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 3 (2,660 Views)

Re: Full Hard Drive Crash

Does the DV6000 start with the hard drive removed?

Then with battery removed?

Then battery installed but power adapter removed?

How much memory installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Student
tptnlr
Message 3 of 3 (2,471 Views)

Re: Full Hard Drive Crash

I have a Hp pavillion dv 6000 and it stopped suddenly. when I try to restart only hp invent  screen will come and after sometime it restarts with the same screen. I am not able to boot.  When I try to boot from the CD by changing the boot order in a safe mode it is not going in to safe mode when I press F8 key.

A blue screen is coming with a error message driver-irql-not-less-or-equal  . At the bottom " nvstor.sys - address 8538A395, DateStamp 46671a61

I have a AMD TURION 64 PROCESSOR and Windows vista OS

I dont know what to do

pls let me know how I should proceed as the local HP SERVICE CENTRE  has refused to do service and they have no spare or the expertiese

thaks in advance

tptnlr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation