Question

Student
Phazix
Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Graphics Card Problem

Okay so, my parents just went out and bought a new pc (HP Envy 700-047c) it came with the AMD Radeon HD 8570 graphics card. they allowed me to take the graphics card and put it into my pc (which is a custom windows 7 32 bit) but i cant for the life pf me figure out how to install the driver. i understand it is an OEM card  which i have the HP Catalyst Control Center software. i just cannot install the driver for this card, ive looked everywhere i could. ive downloaded everything i could. just none of it is working. now im pretty good when it comes to computers so i honestly thought i would figure it out. since the computer they got was a 64 bit windows 8. do i need to have that same OS or is there a way for my windows 7 32 bit system to install the driver? please help me out.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (249 Views)

Re: Graphics Card Problem

Hi:

You can only use the HP driver from the support and driver page for the HP Envy 700-047c.

The problem is that there are no W7 drivers for it, only W8 64 bit.

While the card may be made by AMD, it was made specifically for a few HP desktop models with the proprietary drivers as well.

You may as well remove the card because there is no way you will be able to get it to work unless you install W8 x64 on your system (if it supports W8).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation