Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Vickenp,

The NVIDIA GTX 570 requires a 550+ watt power supply that has two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors.

Tap the ESC key after powering up the PC and enter Computer Setup (f10).  Now navigate to the Security topics and go to the Secure Boot Configuration. Check your settings against the below image.  Set Legacy to enable and Secure boot to disable. Then save the settings.  Reboot your PC without the new card installed and sure sure everything is working before powering down and installing the new video card.

joshua secure boot.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

thanks i'll try tonight

power supply is 650w

strange how this option is in security in bios...keep u posted.....

think this would be a problem if win 7 64 was on the machine?

HP Recommended

it worked perfectly

thanks - excellent service!

i guess i learned something new

HP Recommended

Make sure you don't overclock the card or do anything to the GPU to make it heat-up more because your case isn't designed for that kind of card.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-580t desktop and want to install a GTX 680 video card. Will it work well in this PC? Will it fit in the case? What type of power supply will I need for a single GTX 680? An SLI configuration? Are extra cooling fans required?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion Slimline s5220f and need to get a new graphics card for it, what would be the best card i could buy under $200 that wouldn't require me changing the power output?

HP Recommended

Hi Elite8520,

Look here at HP Partsurfer for video cards that are used in the newer Slimline models with a 220 watt power supply.  These cards were manufactured specially for HP Slimline PCs with 220 watt power supplies.  The NVIDIA GT530 2GB is probably the best of the bunch.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Uh, hello?!

HP Recommended

banzaigtv,

You have a question?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-580t desktop and want to install a GTX 680 video card. Will it work well in this PC? Will it fit in the case? What type of power supply will I need for a single GTX 680? An SLI configuration? Are extra cooling fans required?

Also, will a Core i7-950 bottleneck a GTX 680 in any game?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.