Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ajwhiting

Thanks for that, I see now why it wouldn't work. @Big_Dave has mentioned below that some AMD cards have issues in HP systems. Why couldn't he have told me that earlier? Also, shouldn't this be listed in "Product Upgrade Information" for my product's specifications?

HP Recommended

My monitor has two connections one blue and one that's longer and white. The video card I bought (EVGA GeForce GT 610) has two ports that are longer like the white conection from the monitor. How would I hook this up?

p.s This is going in a p6142p

HP Recommended

The blue one is called VGA, and the white one is DVI. You'll need to buy a DVI cable to connect your monitor. First, you need to find out what type of cable you have: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/13611i85823D50731521FC/image-size/original?v=... . Your monitor and graphics card may have different ports, use the cable type that has the most prongs but still fits in both.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I'll get a cable to connect the the DVI ports.

What about the VGA port on the monitor? What do I do with that?

HP Recommended

Leave it empty, unless you plan on using two computers on that monitor and want to switch between them with a button.

HP Recommended

Hi, I own the HP Pavilion 500-164 Desktop PC, and i was looking into the GTX 750 TI graphics card. Will my pc be able to support it?

HP Recommended

Hi Hartley56,

Please review this posted document on: Guide to Selecting a Discrete Video Card

Be sure to install the posted BIOS update for your PC before installing the GTX 750 TI.

Some of the GTX 750 TI video cards require a 6 pin PCI-E power connector and your PC doesn't have that type of power connector. If you buy that model of the GTX 750TI then you will need to replace the power supply.

HP Secure Boot Windows 8 Topics    Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 😎

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. I was looking at this EVGA GTX 750 TI Graphics Card:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1032845-REG/evga_02g_p4_3753_kr_geforce_gtx750ti_2048mb_gddr5.... and the person who wrote a review on it, said that it will run well with the 300watt power supply that I defualty have. So would it be ok to try it out with my 300watt supply before upgrading to a 400watt supply?

HP Recommended

Hi Hartley56,

Who do you want to believe, the seller or the manufacturer?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Hello, I have an h8-1160t that came with an HD 6570 and I quickly upgraded to an HD 6850 after receiving it. A few months ago my 6850 died and I purchased a GTX 650 Ti w/boost to replace it. I then ran into a problem where the computer would no longer boot and got a couple of different types of beeps. I think one was a GPU then another time a CPU beep, updated BIOS as well. I upgraded my PSU and it still didn't work. I tried the GPU in my brother's computer and it worked fine there. I couldn't find any solutions so I returned the PSU and gifted the GPU to my brother and now I am just living with my old 6570. While I am not going to steal my GPU back to test it out, would there be anything I could have done to fix this? I saw in some other threads and the original post in this thread something about Secure boot and UEFI which I looked in my BIOS and couldn't find any setting like those.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.