Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi OnyxVulpe,

Review the graphic cards are are listed under the specifications for the h8-1160t.  These HP OEM graphic cards will work in the h8-1160t when matched with the correct power supply.

Contact HP Sales for further assistance.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

That's a rather disappointing solution. But I suppose it would be the only way to make sure something worked. As old as those GPUs are it would be rather difficult to find new ones at a decent price. I was hoping to pick up something like a 750/Ti and not have to worry about the whole PSU thing anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi OnyxVuple,

It may be disappointing but it's not reasonable to expect that every graphics card to work in every motherboard.  Each of the graphics card manufacturers make a number of variants to each model. And then to spice things up a bit, many of the same manufacturers may only test these cards in their own motherboards. Additionally, each manufacturer may have variants to each of their motherboards.

HP will take a set number graphic card models from a couple of manufacturers and run these cards through HP's OEM certification.  HP has probably 100s of motherboards that have been used in HP PCs over time. It's not feasible for HP to take each different model and variant of that model graphics card and go back to PCs that are no longer in production and test/certify graphics cards every time a new model is released.

What is said about HP can also be said about the video card manufacturers. It's not feasible or reasonable to test and certify every graphics card model and variant to work in every motherboard that is manufactured by all of the different motherboard manufacturers.

Standards do help but many times manufacturers have their own interpretation of the standards. As time moves on, then changes to the standards occur.  As an example: A graphics card that works with UEFI 1.3 BIOS may not work with UEFI 2.3.1 BIOS and vice versa.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi...can an Asus gtx 760 work on HP z600 because i have one 6 pin and this card need one 8 pin?..thank you

HP Recommended

Hey Big Dave,

How do you check to see what UEFI bios your motherboard has? I have tried googling to find the answer the past couple of months but I can't find a direct answer.

I have a P6-2330 desktop that has an MS-7778 (Jasmine) MOBO with Bios 8.12. I know the motherboard is UEFI but which level of UEFI bios it has I don't know where, or how, to find this information.

HP Recommended

Hi Richard,

If your PC supports Secure Boot then the UEFI level is at least 2.3.1.

HP Recommended

I would like to add an HDMI video graphics card to my Pavilion a1540n running Windows 7.  Any suggestions between 50 and 100 dollars? 

HP Recommended

Hey. I have a Compaq Presario CQ5350SC and I'd like to replace its graphic card. I've thought about buying HD 6770 or equivalent, but I'm not sure what kind of card is compatible . I just want my computer to run newer games better. My budget is about 150€ and I may have to replace my power supply too, so the GPU shouldn't cost more than 100-110€. Any advice would be appreciated.

Specs:
Current graphic card: Nvidia g210
Motherboard: Foxconn H-I41-uATX
Power supply: Liteon ps-5301-08hf 300w
The computer is over 3 years old

HP Recommended

An important question to answer before we can help much:

How long a video card can fit in that chassis?

HP's computer specs seldom answer that.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay?javax.portlet.begCache...

A page for looking up AMD/ATI card specs:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products

Click on View all desktop GPUs to find some of the older cards.

A page for looking up Nvidia card specs:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_family.html

Click on Legacy Products to see most of the older cards.

I don't recognize what country's currency is €, so I can't help with the prices.

HP Recommended

Hey Miles. sorry for late reply.
If I'm correct, it seems thatthere's 28cm (11in) space in the case. There's just a weird cable blocking the way but besides that there should be enough space for a bigger GPU.

And € stands for euro. I live in Finland, Europe. Price range is around HD 7750. I suppose it costs nearly the same, regardless of the country(?).
Sorry for my English.

EDIT
: Nevermind, I moved the cable a bit and now it shouldn't be a problem, but I took a closer look and seems that memory sticks might be in the way, so there may be only 7-8 inches space.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.