Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased a R9 270X t o replace video card in product;

Model #: h9-1150t
Product #: QE445AV#ABA

Upon installation there is no video and I understand it is an issue with PCI Express 3.0 cards and older MB's.

What BEST gaming video card is compatible with the Pittsburgh MB (2ACE)?

HP Recommended

Hi Atomic_Rooster,

The BEST video card for gaming in your PC?  How big is your pocket book and how big is your power supply?

Review the Sapphire Toxic R9 280x  This card has a dual firmware support for both legacy and UEFI mode.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Atomic_Rooster,

Another thing that is often important:  How long a video card will fit in your computer's chassis?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP P7-1245 PC and want to upgrade the Video Card for a better gaming experience.

I understand that most new cards are not compatible with my Carmel 2 motherboard because of the UEFI version, but I'm happy to buy an older card that will work, if one exists.

I've upgraded the PSU to a 600 watt unit and have plenty of room for a 2-slot PCIe card in the case.

I need some expert help to find a compatible card for my system that performs as well as (or better than) either a Radeon HD 5850 or a GeForce GTX470. I expect to have to buy a used card of some vintage, but that's okay.

Hope you can help, thanks for your time.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paulwriter,

The GTX 660 or 660 TI have better performance than either graphics card that you had mentioned.  The motherboard in your PC doesn't lend itself very well to high performance gaming. You are going to be restricted by dimm speed and the Intel chipset.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi Big Dave.

I had read that the GTX 660 series did not work with my motherboard, I'm happy to hear that's not the case.

I know the PC isn't built for high performance gaming, but I'm not a high performance gamer, so we get by just fine.

Thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a hp pavilion s5705f and i'm looking for a graphics card around $50-70, i'm not looking for anything to fancy but the card intigrated on this PC is pretty bad 

Also i've done some research and found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500305 would this work?

also found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130808

this seems interesting but after looking at the reviews it seems like it's horrid for gaming purposes (i do some gaming like League of Legends)

and this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA30R19Z9873

this one seems like the best i've found but i'd take ages for it to ship

And do i need a low profile card? i heard i did

HP Recommended

Hi Big Dave,

I'm posting the results to my question of a week or so ago so that any other Googler looking to fix the problem I had experienced can know how it turned out.

I took your advice and purchased a GTX 660 card from Amazon for a little over $200 and it works very well with my system. The results are better than expected and now my PC runs Assassin's Creed Black Flag with all settings on high or better with no issues at all.

Thanks again for your advice.

Paul

HP Recommended

@paulwriter 

Good show Paul and thanks for getting back to with your success.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a tower pc from hp. The specs are:

HP ENVY Phoenix 810-135qe Desktop PC with Windows 7 (ENERGY STAR) includes:

• • Windows 7 Home Premium 64
  • • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor quad-core [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
  • • 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 645[DX11,DVI,DP,HDMI,DVI to VGA Dongle]
  • • 16GB DDR3-1600MHz [2 DIMMs]
  • • 3TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • • Microsoft Office Trial
  • • Security software trial
  • • Blu-ray Reader & SuperMulti DVD burner
  • • 15-in-1 Multi-slot Media Card Reader, 4 USB Ports (Front/Top), Audio [Front 2USB2.0, Top 2USB3.0]
  • • No TV Tuner Card
  • • Integrated Sound, Envy Audio; Beats Audio
  • • HP USB Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse
  • • HP Wireless 802.11 a/g/n with Bluetooth®(2x2)
  • • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Here is a bit more about this pc

Motherboard Name

• Manufacturer: MSI
  • Manufacturer name: MS-7826
  • HP name: Kaili

Chipset

• Intel Z87

Memory

• Memory slots: Four 240-pin DDR3 DIMMs
  • Maximum memory:

• 32 GB (64-bit OS)

Sound

• Audio CODEC: IDT 92HD68E2
  • 7.1 channel audio
  • Beats Audio

Integrated LAN

• Technology: Realtek RTL8151GH-CG
  • Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mb/s
  • Transmission standards: 1000BASE-T Ethernet

Heatsink

• Liquid Cooling Solution

Expansion Slots

• PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0): 1
  • PCI Express x1 (Gen 2.0): 3
  • PCI Express half-length minicard: 1

Front and Top Productivity Ports

• 15-in-1 multimedia card reader + 2 USB 3.0 + 2 USB 2.0 + headphone + microphone

Drive Bays

• 13.33 cm (5.25 in) ODD: 2
  • 8.89 cm (3.5 in) HDD: 3

Primary Optical Drive

• SuperMulti Blu-ray Player

Power output wattage

• 600 W

AND I HAVE 32 GB OF RAM

THE GRAPHIC CARD I WOULD LIKE TO PUT INTO IT THE NVIDIA GTX 780 ti. I know it requires at least a 600 watt power supply which it does. I have measured inside the tower where it would go and its 10 inchs long and should fit. Can anyone help me and let me know if this graphic card would work in my pc?

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit Dual-Link DVI-I DVI-D HDMI DP SLI Graphics Cards 03G-P4-2884-KR

• Base Clock: 1006 MHz
  • Boost Clock: 1072 MHz
  • Memory Clock: 7000 MHz Effective
  • CUDA Cores: 2880
  • 3072MB GDDR5 384bit Memory
  • Microsoft DirectX 12 API (feature level 11_0) Support
  • Nvidia TXAA Technology, Nvidia GPU Boost 2.0, Nvidia Adaptive Vertical Sync, Nvidia Surround, Support for Concurrent Displays, Nvidia PhysX, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready, Nvidia SLI Ready, Nvidia CUDA Technology
  • PCI express 3.0
  • THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.