Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dave,

thanks again.  This is what I suspected but I thought I should ask someone just in case.

I have another question, and I apologize since I am getting a bit off topic.  Since I am left without the option to OC, I see myself with 2 choices.  I could either continue with my plan to get the i5 3570k or opt for the i7-3770.  I am buying a gaming computer(the HP phoenix h9 1300t) this weekend and it will contain the following-

HP motherboard (formosa)

12GB ram

2GB GTX 680

2TB HDD

600W power

HP liquid cooling solution

everything else (misc.)

This will be used strictly for gaming.  Should I go ahead and get the i7 since I can't OC regardless?  Or stick with the i5?  I know current games don't use hyper threading, but is the i7 better for gaming in general?  It has 2MB more cache but is this negligible?

Thanks and sorry again for derailing this topic, but since I am buying this weekend I would appreciate any help.

HP Recommended

Hi Josh,

The i5-3570K doesn't have hyperthreading and there would be a performance drop if you have applications that can benefit by having more than four threads active.  If the applications are video encoding and rendering then hypertheading might give you a 10% boost.  You stated "gaming" so you would need to research the particular games that you plan on using for using hyperthreading verses no hyperthreading.  Check the price differential between the two processors.

A "pure" gaming PC might have an Intel six core with quad channel memory.  You won't lose because of technology but instead on physical reaction time, movement anticipation and Internet lag if you play games on the Internet.

Either the i5-3570 or the i7-3770 should serve you well for gaming. The chosen video card will make the difference for gaming.  If the PC tht you are considering comes with Windows 8 then consider whether your applications will work and the overall change in the user interface.

The HP h8-1440t might be another consideration but it doesn't have water cooling.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

hi dave i m getting the hd 6850 after some brainstorming!! so do i have to take out the previous hd 4650 and but this card?? because this card requires two slots

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm looking for a little help...

I'm trying to determine if this graphics card, Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=149617) is compatible with an Asus F8000 motherboard (I believe this is the correct version).  I have an HP Pavilion a6120n and I did upgrade the power source to 750w's.

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Update: the motherboard is an Intel 945G.
HP Recommended

I have a p7-1154, AMD A6 3600, with integrated GPU, 6GB ddr3 1333, 1 tb HDD, 20" DVI Monitor. I want to upgrade to an sli/crossfire 2gb card. I am upgrading to this PSU: LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply. What Radeon card would you recommend to run Assasin Creed III, Battlefield 3, Planetside, War-Z, Skyrim, etc...

HP Recommended

which pcie graphics cards can be used with the z1 other than nvidia cards? how about this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130809

how can i determine which cards will work and which won't? thanks.

HP Recommended
I have a a4313w and have 3gb of ram but 2.75 of it is usable. So im asuming its because i dont have an integrated video card installed. So is there any compatable video card for my a4313w?
HP Recommended
You do have integrated video. You have an Nvidia GeForce onboard GPU. In order to benefit from a GPU upgrade, you'll have to upgrade your memory as well. You can upgrade to 8GB of DDR2 and then you should be able to do alright with a GeForce GT 640 with GDDR. However, the cost of doing those upgrades would be about the same as buying a new PC which would get you a better deal than upgrading what you have because what you have is at the bottom of the low-end and won't give you much more with upgraded parts.
HP Recommended

I have a HP pavillion p7-1443 - came with win 8 64bit

has onboard intel vga with 2 dvi ports

i added a new nvidia gtx570 card in teh pci e x16 slot - connected the  power and can't get it to post

connect my dv monitors to either onboard vga or the nvidia card and no display

how to disable onboard vga? nothing in bios

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.