Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
In the near future, I am going to be ordering an HP Phoenix h9-1440t Desktop PC with the Nvidia GTX680 option. According to Nvidia, the minimum system power requirement for the GTX680 alone is 550W.

The h9-1440t comes with a stated 600W psu. Including everything else this psu might run at one time, is the 600W psu going to be sufficient??

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Reading the features on your Phoenix it states that  the included 600watt ps will run a 250 watt video card. The GTX680 maximum  card power is 195 watts.

The older GTX580 required even more power at 244 watts. It's amazing how the newer technology uses less power but has slightly better graphics.

Yeah, I think you'll be fine.

HP Recommended

Have an HP P6-2133W, and when i have the money gonna go ahead and upgrade the Power supply i think

Depends on budget and money in such if i ever will get a card to crossfire with Radeon 6530D or not

Optical drive may upgrade to blu-ray writer in the future

Just gonna research Power supply for now, and maybe at Chirstmas or birthday i can afford to upgrade that and possibly memory as well to faster DDR3 Ram, say 1600mhz speed, Cruical.com says this PC isn't compatible with 1866 speed, so 1600mhz is fine

HP Recommended

The forum recommended I get a Corsair CX-500 or 600 CX-600 power supply for my P7-1137c PC (for upgrading video cards).  I got a Corsair  600 CX-600, but I noticed it doesn't have a 4 pin power source for the 4 pin connector on the mother board (labeled ATX CPU. What do I do? Is there an adaptor that I supposed to get?  Please help?

HP Recommended

The 8pin connector on your PSU splits into two 4 pin connectors. I had the same issue as you so I remember it well 😛

HP Recommended

I solved my problem.  The 8 connector from the CX- 600 splits to 2 4 pin connectors.

HP Recommended

Thank you...issues resolved!!

HP Recommended

Hi

I've a Presario CQ3240AN Desktop. I want to upgrade the graphics card from the current ATI Radeon HD4350 (which doesn't have the HDMI output I need). The desktop has only a 250W PSU and I'd like to upgrade this to run a half-decent graphics card.  Are there any particular specifications of PSU that would fit better in this model, or can I just go and buy any off-the-shelf unit and swap them over? Thanks to anyone who can offer advice.

HP Recommended

Any power supply that follows the ATX 12Vspecification SHOULD fit in your case.

However I suggest purchasing from Amazon or the like as you can easily return a power supply if it doesn't fit in the case or is somehow faulty.

Hope this helps! May I ask what card you are looking at?

HP Recommended

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR5. Not a major gamer, but need HDMI output and enough in the card to play FIFA football with my kids

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.