Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi can you look at this graphic card http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/zotac-nvidia-geforce-gt-430-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-08623444-pdt.html? And maybe it`s suitable with me original power supply? Me pc is HP G5210uk.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Tom,

The NVIDIA 430 might work with your current power supply.  This card draws power from the PCI-E slot.

Another card to consider if you don't need DirectX 11 support is the NVIDIA GT 240 1GB DDR5.  This card will work with most 300 watt power supplies.  It's an excellent card.  I am using the EVGA GT 240 1GB DDR5 in one of my PCs.  This card also draws power from the PCI-E x16 slot.

Review the NVIDIA performance specifications. Look at the memory bandwidth specifications and the DirectX level support.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to find a replacement Power Supply for my HP 8100 Elite Minitower (PSU Part No 508154-001).

I read in this threat that there seems to be no HP or third party replacement possibility because of its proprietary connectors.

I need a PSU with a PCI E Powerconnector for a new NVidia or ATI GPU.

Has somebody found a solution in the meantime?

HP Recommended

I own a HP Pavilion p6649c desktop computer. I'm thinking about installing a new video card (new card requires 500+ Watts), but I'm unsure of which power supply I need to get since I heard that HP motherboards might not accept regular power connectors. Do I have to buy a power supply through HP or can I purchase one from a third-party company?

If I can buy from another company, would this be able to fit inside my tower?

HP Recommended

OK. I'm clearly not in the same league as the other posters on here but here goes. I have a Pavilion p6110y desktop that I'm adding a graphics card to. I'll need to upgrade my power supply from 250w to 300w to do so. Can someone suggest a compatible power supply? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Captwham,

What video card are you looking to use?  Can you tell us the main intended purpose is for adding a video card?

You might want to consider a bigger PSU so that you have a bigger selection of video cards to chose from.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 card. Specs says it needs at least a 300w power supply. My needs are modest so this card seemed to fit the bill pretty well.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this Corsair.  It's $20 after the rebate.

Inventory your internal power supply connectors and verify that the Corsair has the connectors that you need.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.