Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok I have a HP Pavilion a6857c..... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01715976 I am going to be upgrading both the power supply and video card. I will be getting a nvidia GTX460 after I get an appropriate power supply. I am thinking of getting Corsair Gaming Series GS600 High Performance PSU ATX Power Supply CMPSU-600G   http://www.frys.com/product/6251250?site=srSmiley FrustratedEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG.    I want to know if this power supply will fit into my case with room enough for the video card and if the power supply is even compatible with my comp. I'm new to upgrading and learning as I go.

HP Recommended

velesot365,

The safest way to know for sure is to open up your PC and do some measuring.  Measure the dimensions of your existing power supply.  The standard ATX PSU is 5.9" by 5.5" by 3.4" give or take a few of tenths of an inch. Do the same around the PCI-E x16 slot.  The GTX 460 is a double wide card so the slot next the card must be open.   The GTX 460 is 8.25" long so make sure that length is OK. 

Corsair is a good brand.:smileyhappy:

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanx. one further question. I know for sure i only have 1 PCI-E x16 slot. Does that mean I cant use the GTX460 since its a double?

HP Recommended

The GTX 460 only takes one slot but it's double wide in width going towards the next slot.  All of the better video cards are double wide.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Ah I see I see. That makes more sense. I'm pretty sure I have enough room as I have a after market vid. card in there now and it has plaenty of room around it. There really is alot of space in the case since I have room to put in another dvd-drive, and 2 of the smaller floppy type drives. I just like to make sure...thanks for the measurements that will come in handy!

HP Recommended

hello.i have a pavillion a6130.gr and i want to buy a power suply.my question is what size should it be(wide X length X height)?thank you.

HP Recommended

lookasgti,

You should open up your PC and measure the physical dimensions of your power supply.  Here is a list of things to consider:

1. Specifications
  2. Total wattage - important
  3. 12+ volt amperage rating - important
  4. Modular - not mandatory but I like the flexibility
  5. Warranty
  6. Efficiency rating
  7. Cost
  8. Physical size -- standard ATX PSU is 5.5" by 5.9" by 3.4" give or take a few tenths

www.newegg.com has lots of PSUs choices.  Corsair, OCZ, Rosewill, Thermaltake.....

HP Recommended
I found this PSU and successfully installed it in my HP p6510f: Corsair CMPSU-550VX 550-Watt VX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply It was very easy, thank you CherylG for the great advice!!!! The dimensions were perfect for the Bestec OEM PSU I removed (5.9" W (150mm) X 3.4" H (86mm) X 5.5" L (140 mm). It fit perfectly and even snapped into the aluminum retainers, however, the bracket on the PSR that the power cord plugs into is about 1 mm too long, which pushes the aluminum case out minimally. However, all 4 screws securely hold the PSU in place. The Corsair VX is awesome.... Very easy and tidy cable management. I was concerned about increased CPU temps given the 550W PSU and less air flow due to increased cables. However, the CPU temps are stable, without any change from prior to installation. Soon Ill be installing the Visiontek Radeon HD4670 and a Zalman CPU cooler....
Michael D. Hanlon, RN, CCRN
HP Recommended

I have a a6554f and want to upgrade videocard to a Xfx Ati Radeon Hd5750 1gb Gddr5 128bits

this card needs at least 500 watts i think, do i need to upgrade my PSU also? or my a6554f supports

this video card?

HP Recommended

urielfalconi,

Please see your other post.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.