Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah that card should suit you fine. Good luck with your upgrade!

HP Recommended

What would you advice a guy who has an pre-loved 3,5 year old HP xw6600 workstation on his hands with the following hardware

1. one Nvidia NVS300 graphics card (I do not  do games by the way just video and image (Photoshop) rendering and VMware

2. two dual Xeon's E5450

3. eight 2 gigabyte ECC memory banks - total 16 gigabyte of original 5300 F ECC memory

4. an Intel SSD 330 - 120 gb drive

My curren PSU may some day need replacement, what non HP PSU might be the best pick for me. Mind you that I may want to add a second NVS300 graphics card in and a better audio card for audio mixing / high quality podcasting  - sound editing.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi....I am looking to upgrade my power supply for my computer, but I am not sure what all I need to know.  Will any power supply that will fit in the case work?  Do all power supplies have the necessary number of connections or whatever?  I know I sound like a moron, but all I have ever upgraded is memory and graphic cards.  Now I want to upgrade my graphic card even higher, but i only have a 300 watt power supply.  I need at least 400watt.  Here is the computer I have....if someone could sort of direct me in what to look for in a power supply that would be great.  I prefer cheaper because I am poor :smileyhappy:.

NY549AAR p6230y

thats the product name anyway.

thanks in advance.

My products: Magento One Step Checkout | Magento Gift Wrap | Magento Mega Menu | Magento Pos 

HP Recommended

Hi harryvu,

I see that you are looking for some information on getting a new power supply. While, I am not able to recommend a particular power supply as there are quite a few different ones out there. I do have a link to a very detail tutorial on what to look for in a power supply and from the same site on how to install it.

Everything You Need to Know about Power Supplies:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/181

How to Replace Your Power Supply:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/362

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm planning to upgrade the power supply for an HP h8-1070t, from the current 300 watts probably to 600 watts.  What suitable power supplies should I look at?

Some relevant websites:

Replacing the Power supply
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02879451

HP Pavilion Elite h8-1070t Product Specifications and Configurable Options
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02837359
Appears to say that a 600 watt power supply is possible.

I found a parts list for this model.  It does not give any part number for a 600 watt power supply.
http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=LP028AV

I plan to install a higher-rated graphics board, for CUDA and OpenCL use; games and videos not planned.

HP Recommended

*didnt see the sticky title when I posted the thread I did

I ordered a refurbished HP Compaq 8100 Elite CMT Quad Core i7-860 2.80GHz 8GB RAM 1TB HDD

And I ordered a geforce 650 gtx that requires 400w power supply. I am not sure on which power supply I will need to order that will fit in this. Can anyone help me figure out what will fit in this box?

HP Recommended

PAD76,

The power supply in your PC is proprietary and I don't know of any replacements that have a higher wattage rating. The service manual indicates one PCI-E power connector is available.

The NVIDIA 650 base model video card is a low wattage card.  However, some of the manufacturers specify a 450 watt PSU.  The PSU size recommended by the manufacturer is made based on many unknowns with the user's equipment. The base model NVIDIA 650 video card may work.  However, it may cause issues depending on the existing load in your particular PC.  I would lean towards it working as the PCI-E slot is rated for 75 watts and some models of the NVIDA 650 only need 64 watts.  The quality and perhaps the age of the PSU at this point becomes important.

The NVIDIA 650 TI model video card would not be a recommended model for your PC as this card requires a lot more power.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I recently bought a HP Envy 700-159 (http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=5425815#!tab=features) and am looking to upgrade the video card, which will require me to upgrade my PSU (looking at something in the 600/650w range)

I've never replaced a PSU before, so I'm a bit mystified. I looked at the specs of the motherboard (Memphis-B or IPM87-MP) though it doesn't tell me much as far as what sort of PSU would be compatible (how many pins the power connector should be etc).

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

Your PC has a 460 watt power supply.  If you want to replace it then I would recommend the Corsair CX500 or CX600 as the dimensions will match up with the existing power supply.  The CX500 is lower in wattage than the wattage that you mentioned but it will run many modern video cards.

These HP how-to articles should be helpful.

Review this posted article of Guide to Selecting a Discrete Video Card.

The NVIDIA 760 would be a good choice for a video card and match it with the Corsair CX500 power supply.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.